Look at all the colors

Local weather resources and topics.
More Waves Please
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by More Waves Please » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:18 pm

The coast is a total disaster today. I was out and about around 8am. Maverick's was easily 50 ft on the sets, but totally disorganized with a 15 MPH SW wind blowing. Montara was very impressive to watch with the same wind blowing offshore.

A big high tide at 7:30AM had waves washing up onto Hwy 1 at the Jetty. I saw a giant tree stump get blasted up onto the highway. No kidding - the thing weighs at least 500 lbs, and it blocked the entire southbound lane. Another 100 ft up the road and I would have been having a really bad day. Fortunately, I saw the wave coming and slowed down.

It was kiteable in the harbor for a short time, but there was absolutely zero beach. It's been raining hard with occassional hail and lightening ever since. Good day to take care of a few indoor chores.

davewsail
Regular
Regular

Post by davewsail » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:41 pm

I kited Folsom Lake today. It was blowing SE 15-25. I was on my 9m and a little under powered. Still had fun though in the freezing cold water with rain blowing sideways sometimes. Too bad the mountain hwys are a mess-- I'd much rather have been riding the mountain today.
Team rider for Sheldon Kiteboarding and North

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:26 pm

It was nice to meet you at the launch in Alameda this morning Bob.
Ditto Here Rey:
Alameda was a fun morning session! After a hot shower and the lightening and reports of trees down in HMB - Sylvia and I decided to watch the Seahawks move on to the next round of the playoffs. Go Hawks!

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:26 am

charlie

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:09 am

i was awaken by heet in the middle of the night
i had to kick off a blankit ..
when i notice the sound of wind..outside ....
now i wounder when that rain will set in...?