Possible Wind Tommorow!! 2/5/05

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:40 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:2:30 pm

Should have gone to the coast.

](*,)
I was at Stinson until noon, just a light breeze.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:52 pm

coast looks good, what do you think tomorrow will hold?? Looks like it to the gym today (got to get rid of the fat, tried on the wetsuit...really tight)
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:06 pm

consumer wrote:iwindsurfs computer generated forecast is reading not so good numbers, but the bouys are all clocked very very high NNW numbers, almost hitting the 30s, gusts are already up there. Think its time to crack out my trusty 5m again, from the vector forecast it looks like it will hit the whole waddell area at around 1 oclock, and peak at 4.

tommorow should be even better, but let us look forward to today.
I hope you did make it down there today as you were spot on with your opinion! If you did go, how was it? =D>

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:48 pm

Yea i was at waddell ,and it was great!.
right at about 1 pm the wind started to turn on( i was studying in my car before it came on cuz it looked like the thermal was picking up), then at about 130 it got a little cloudy but the wind seemed to ramp up more, people began launching 16s and 14s, i decided to go with an 11, which proved to be a big mistake till about 2:30 or so when it kind of ramped up, and people started putting up 12s and 10s, i got some good power but it wasnt insane (i'm riding 23m lines and a 120 board with bindings). Swell wasnt the best but it wasnt the worst either, super low tide.

I left at about 4 oclock just when it really started to hammer, i guess i made the sacrifice, and i missed probably the best session of the day, oh well, it was an awesome day and tommorow looks even better.

if you see me come say hi im on the best kite. Riding bindings is just freakish, first time i've ever done it , and its totally totally wierd for me.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:56 pm

Hmm, sounds appealing! The rest of us got kind of hosed as nothing materialized anywhere in the Bay. Maybe I'll see you at Waddell tomorrow then. Anyone else up for it? Might as well make a day of it unless it's obvious that something's going to happen in the Bay. I wonder if anyone hit O.B. today?

Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:15 pm

I wasn't planning to go but when I saw it's 22mph, I had to drive. Scotts Creek looked more than than Waddell, at least more kiters, I thought. So I was watching there for a while. It looked so much fun and it was not too cold either (because I was only watching). I talked to this guy looks like 70-80 years old, and he said he always have great time with a big smile. uh, it's so California...
Maybe tomorrow!!

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:54 am

brake me off some of dat, gril friend, 22 knots
hana you going ..so you can take care of us babys?

8)
charlie

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:59 am

and hana-san
what did you see?
big bad ass waves?
little nice well behaved waves?
charlie

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:17 am

you guys its 814 am on sunday 2/6,

the forecast on iwindsurf(computer generated), is spewing out some not so good numbers as it did yesterday, however the wind vector forecast is looking even better and it looks like it will hit at around 1 again today, maybe a little sooner.

The good thing is that today the bouys are clocked in the right direction and they are screaming, yesterday they were equally strong but clocked a little too North(NNW) which is why i believe it took a little while longer to fill in, but today they are all perfectly NW, i think it may come sooner today.

Dont quote me on this im no meteorologist and just because i was lucky yesterday doesnt mean i could get skunked today.

im going down anyway.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:46 am

con
if you fellow the weather and can make a call, your a meteorologist to me
thanks for putting it out there.
i going too, a wanna get a little look see.
charlie