Ocean Rodeo

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
EvanOR
Regular
Regular
Ocean Rodeo

Post by EvanOR » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:52 am

Please feel free to contact me at ussales@oceanrodeo.com for anything and everything relating to Ocean Rodeo. I've moved to the city from San Diego and I am stoked to be living and working a few minutes from Crissy!

Cheers,

Evan

Ocean Rodeo

Converting the World one rider at a time.
Attachments
08 Rise colors.jpg
08 Rise colors.jpg (121.79KiB)Viewed 4465 times
8m Crissy.jpg
8m Crissy.jpg (78.17KiB)Viewed 4465 times
08 Mako lineup.jpg
08 Mako lineup.jpg (72.75KiB)Viewed 4465 times

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:53 am

As a beginner I used to ride a Wipika board that was shaped by Franz Olry called the "Switch" and those two mid-sized Makos look kinda' similar. Are they designed as "wave twins"?
Go bigga'

EvanOR
Regular
Regular

Post by EvanOR » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:56 am

The Mako 150 Freeride and Freeride Wide are similar in outline to the old Olry boards but are totally different in every other way. Because of the massive amount of concave, they require only a single fin for directional stability and are very fast, smooth and carvy. If you get used to a Mako and then jump on a conventional twin, it feels as if you are dragging a bucket behind you and trying to turn a sheet of plywood....

These boards rock in the surf. I think you will be hard pressed to find another twin that bottom turns as well as these do - the rocker is ideal for this. If you like waves but are not a dedicated directional rider, then this is your board!

The 150 Freeride makes a great travel board since it works great in everything from 13-30 knots plus in chop, flat water and surf. Also, it fits in a snowboard bag so you'll never be charged for a board no matter which airline you fly with.

Check out the Gallery Features to get a good look at the concave and fin set up. You can also check out this massive thread.

Cheers,

Evan

Ocean Rodeo

Converting the World one rider at a time.