Do you have health insurance?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
Do you have health insurance?

Post by OliverG » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:52 am

Surprisingly enough, lots of people don't have any kind of health insurance. It's one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself in the event of any injury.

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/health/ ... 23782.html

Claudio Silva, who was recently injured in Florida did not have health insurance. If you get hurt for any reason, the last thing you need to worry about is how your going to pay for your medical care.

Get health insurance and eat your vegetables. This public service announcement has been brought to you by Bay Area Kiteboarding.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:00 pm

here here Ollie. Guy' s who play without it make us pay for it later.
Dewey

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Re: Do you have health insurance?

Post by pipedragon » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:44 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:Surprisingly enough, lots of people don't have any kind of health insurance. It's one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself in the event of any injury.

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/health/ ... 23782.html

Claudio Silva, who was recently injured in Florida did not have health insurance. If you get hurt for any reason, the last thing you need to worry about is how your going to pay for your medical care.

Get health insurance and eat your vegetables. This public service announcement has been brought to you by Bay Area Kiteboarding.
I second that. Besides kite accidents, things can go wrong. I was in the hospital for two week with an internal infection last season and missed great wind. I got out and recovered but I would not be enjoyning kiting anymore without insurance. My hospital bill for two weeks was $250,000. Luckily with insurance I only had a $50 copay.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:08 pm

$250,000 OUCH!!!! and we thought kites were expensive!!! If you can afford a kite, you can afford medical.
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:07 pm

Yes, having been self-employed for over a decade, I've always had it. I used to be with Kaiser, but have since switched to Blue Cross. I have more choices with Blue Cross and if something serious happens, it would cost me more up to a cutoff point, but my premiums are less and I'm not with Kaiser anymore, which is good!

RobsterCraw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RobsterCraw » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:46 pm

any one seen the new youth oriented health insurance from blue cross

Its marketed to be EXTREME!! It is pretty dumb really. The Daily Show did a bit about it. It was pretty funny.

I have health insurance.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:40 pm

Is there any kite organization that gives liability insurance to members?

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:40 am

I think that's a Brittish thing
Dewey