FLAG Day

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
charlie
Old School
Old School
FLAG Day

Post by charlie » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:13 am

I was out kiting the other day in total harmony and bliss, loving the elements playing with the toe side, boosting , air transitions and loving the way the bar felt. I had gone up wind and outside, playing with Bob and Sylvia when I noticed that they were running back to the beach. As I looked around, I realized that the whole area was shutting down.
I ran back to the beach as best I could and got to about the approximate area of the flagpole. I had cleared the flagpole, my kite was well on the beachside.
Well the wind had died and my kite fell back in the window, directly over the flagpole and dropped to the water, it had relaunched but was moving violently to and fro as one line was caught and it was keeping me from controlling the kite.
I pulled my safety, the kite was pulling me toward the pole, but I still have that one line caught. Shit I'll cut it or I'll unhook it clear, the pole reattach the line and oh here I am at the flag pole rip it out, clear the poll and end of it story.
charlie

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:01 pm

So basically that's your excuse for ripping that nice Slingshot flag off the pole and throwing the shreds of it into the bay. I see you're also Hooked on Phonics, you go boy!