New kiter in the bay

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.
Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!
spainkite
Joey
Joey
New kiter in the bay

Post by spainkite » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:01 pm

Hi, I have arrived in the bay two days ago, and I know this is a good place for kiting. I don¥t really know the spots and my kite staff is in Spain. I would like to know if there are any shop here to rent a kite because I think there are good wind days here (like today), and of course I would like to ride with all of us. See you in the water. 8)

michael
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by michael » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:04 pm

Bienvenido a los Estados Unidos.

Unfortunately you can't rent kites here. But the good news is that right now is the best time for you to buy! Huge discounts on brand new 2007 kites, weak dollar vs. euro, no VAT and other customs taxes.

davewsail
Regular
Regular

Post by davewsail » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:26 am

Hey spainkite, where is your kite spot in Spain?

You should be able to find some used gear also. If you are interested in new kites, you can probably setup a demo.
Team rider for Sheldon Kiteboarding and North

spainkite
Joey
Joey

Post by spainkite » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Thanks for the answer.

In Spain, I live in Seville, don¥t have a beach but in one-two hours by car you have an infinity of spots, like Tarifa, Bolonia, CaÒos de Meca, El Palmar, La Antila, Isla Canela and much more. All the coast of Cadiz and Huelva, about 300 km of sand beches coast are at this time by car. So you can do kiting a lot of times.

Where can I buy a 2007 kite with a huge discount? and used kites? Thanks. 8)

dakine1
Regular
Regular

Post by dakine1 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:21 pm

Wife and I have 2 07 Rhino's for sale.. 9m 10 m. comes with lines and bag. p.m. me if you are interested....

ED/OUT 8)

doubledogdare
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by doubledogdare » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:25 pm

I kited Spain last summer near Barcelona. Lugged my gear all around Europe and got no wind except for the one day. As I was leaving I found out that kitesurfing is banned on that beach during the summer months. I got lucky I wasn't fined, I saw some other unlucky guys getting a big fat ticket (500 euros I think).

You might be able to get some gear for cheep on Criagslist, the classifieds here or on the ikitesurf.com classifieds. Good luck and good winds.

michael
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by michael » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:38 pm

It depends what brand you like.

For example, brand new 2007 BEST kites are now selling with 25% off everywhere (live2kite.com is the closest).

For brand new 11m Waroo here you pay $558, in Europe Ä734 = $1037.

With so weak dollar you'll get a great deal on any kite, but especially on new ones (discounted 2007 or new 2008) because of european taxes and customs.

For used ones check Classifieds on this forum and on iKiteSurf.com

davewsail
Regular
Regular

Post by davewsail » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:51 pm

spainkite, sounds like some good stuff back in EspaÒa. I kited Fuerteventura back in June. it was off the hook-- All seven days I was there were blowing 20+mph. I had to stop kiting the last day -- I was too tired. Beautiful beach there and the locals said Tarifa was great too. They also said the girls in Sevilla were worth a trip. So what brings you to the US?
Team rider for Sheldon Kiteboarding and North

spainkite
Joey
Joey

Post by spainkite » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Hi, thanks for the information. Sorry to delay my answer to much.

I¥m looking for a Naish Torch in 10m.

Fuerteventura in summer is nice place to do kitesurfing. You have strong winds winds everyday, to ride with 8,9m. Tarifa is great too, the only problem of Summer in Tarifa is all Europe are in Tarifa in the summer, but in the rest of the year is the best spot of Europe I think.

Sevilla girls are very nice and I¥m here working in the Berkeley Lab until Christmas then I come back to Seville.