1st Annual Winter Contest Results

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
1st Annual Winter Contest Results

Post by OliverG » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:01 pm

The 1st Annual Winter Contest is finally over!

[align=center]Image[/align]

Thanks to everyone who contributed their articles during the contest! Remember, you don't have to have a contest to contribute your articles, you can do it anytime and they are appreciated by everyone.

A big thanks to everyone who participated and a huge thanks to our sponsors who were all very generous to put up the prizes! More info about the sponsors of the contest can be viewed here.

To determine the winners, a Random File Picker was used which can be viewed (and used) here: https://www.bayareakiteboarding.com/ran ... picker.php. Text files with the initials of the entrants were uploaded and the script was run. If duplicate entrants were drawn, the duplicate was disregarded and then next entrant picked resulting in only one prize per entrant. The winners are listed below as drawn.

Grand Prize: Blair Hickman
Best kiteboardng '04 12m Nemesis Kite Courtesy of Best Kiteboarding

First Prize: Ryan Kelly
UltraNectar Waterpants, Kitefilm.com DVD, Bay Area Kiteboarding T-Shirt, KB Calendar, KB Mag Subscription Courtesy of UltraNectar, Kitefilm.com, KbMag and Bay Area Kiteboarding

Second Prize Charlie Remail
UltraNectar Shorts, Bay Area Kiteboarding T-Shirt, Kitefilm.com DVD, KB Calendar, KB Mag Subscription Courtesy of UltraNectar, Kitefilm.com, KbMag and Bay Area Kiteboarding

Third Prize Bob Morrow
UltraNectar T-Shirt, Bay Area Kiteboarding T-Shirt, Slingshot DVD, KB Calendar, KB Mag Subscription Courtesy of UltraNectar, KbMag and Bay Area Kiteboarding

Fourth Prize Greg Boyington aka L.M.G.
Bay Area Kiteboarding T-Shirt, KB Calendar, KB Mag Subscription Courtesy of KbMag and Bay Area Kiteboarding

Fifth Prize Yoko Nishikubo
Bay Area Kiteboarding T-Shirt, KB Calendar, KB Mag Subscription Courtesy of KbMag and Bay Area Kiteboarding

Consolation Prize - KB Calendar: Courtesy of KbMag
Dan Charlesworth
Sylvia Ernst
Allan Wiinamaki
Kevin Kolahi
Alonso Vargas

Winners of all prizes please email your personal info as applicable (address, size, etc.) to info@bayareakiteboarding.com. We will contact you as well.

Thanks again to everyone who participated, you are appreciated!

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:17 pm

Oh man this definitly gets me through those winter blues!!! I will be wearing my Bayareakiteboarding.com T-Shirt with pride! Thanx Ollie for making not just a great contest but a great site as well. I think we all need to celebrate with a trip to Wadell this spring!!!!!!

Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:36 am

Yey!!! Thank you Ollie! You made my day!
Thanks to all the contributors and sponsors that made it happen too.
I am not sure if I know Pipedragon in person but I'd LOOOOOOOOVE to go to Waddell maybe just to watch or launching your kite. It feels like spring alreay though!! Can't wait!

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:57 am

Hana wrote:Yey!!! Thank you Ollie! You made my day!
Thanks to all the contributors and sponsors that made it happen too.
I am not sure if I know Pipedragon in person but I'd LOOOOOOOOVE to go to Waddell maybe just to watch or launching your kite. It feels like spring alreay though!! Can't wait!
I think I gave you a launch at Crissy a few Saturdays ago when everyone went. If you were on the Naish boxers then I think that was you. If you kited Crissy that day then Wadell will be a piece of cake. I consider Crissy much more advanced and dangerous as compared to Wadell. Wadell is a lot like Alameda but with Waves. Super fun!! We should all head down there when the wind is in forcast!

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:31 pm

Drove by Waddell yesterday and the waves were sweet!
Some serious rights in the contest area.
The sand has moved around quite a bit.
Just need wind.
Remain Calm. The season is soon upon us.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:01 pm

hey you guys
Wedell is like alameda with good room all around. thats it.
THE water is very diffrent!
like hana said watch frist, do not RUN AND JUMP out there
look at the wave .
it is a force to deal with.
try to get an idel of the timeing of it watch to see if its gonna jack(close out all the way down the line ,not good).
go and watch for a bit with both eyes open.
dont be in a rush to kite becouse you havent for a bit.
ill say it again that wave is a FORCE to deal with
read zees wright up on it .
or ask ollie
charlie

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:20 pm

charlie

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:08 am

Holy crap!!! I can't believe that I won the Grand prize. Thank you Bay Area Kiteboarding. Thanks all who also contributed to this great site.

Blair