Finally got to ride new Windwing Outrages

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Kiteboardstud25
Contributor
Contributor
Finally got to ride new Windwing Outrages

Post by Kiteboardstud25 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:48 pm

Finally got some wind today to try my new kites on the water. The wind was blowing like 13 to 15 when I went out, but by the time I came in it was more like 17-21 mph. The range of these kites are awesome. I couldn't believe how much I was able to depower the kite with the S.A.F.E. system. It was so sweet. The kite also turned surprisingly fast for a 17 m, it felt like a much smaller kite. Jumping on it was awesome and I think the hang time was more then my X3 16 ever gave me. I also went out on the 12 and loved how stable and responsive it was when you wanted it to be. I used the CC bar with it and once I got used to it, it was so sick. Being able to ride one hand or no hand with the bar staying where you want it is awesome for grabs. As for the S.A.F.E. system it seemed to work as it should. When the bar is all of the way out there is basically no power in the kite which made it nice for landing it when it was blowing 21. It is sweet for riding unhooked also because if you miss the bar the handle pass leash pulls on the chicken loop and depowers the kite so much. Overall these kites exceeded my expectations for performance and would have to say are the best kites I have flown.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:02 pm

Thanks for the review!!!! Can't wait to take my Outrages out !!
Dewey

jowall
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by jowall » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:01 am

That does sound encouraging. I flew the Rage2 10m a couple weeks ago and was really impressed. I ended up having a rigging question about the SAFE system. WindWing answered my question and posted a schematic that you may want to double check:

http://www.windwing.com/images/instruct ... wPoint.pdf

-John

Kiteboardstud25
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kiteboardstud25 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:22 pm

Thanks John that is what I finally figured out. Their original instructions were not very good at all explaining that part. How was the Rage 2?

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:37 pm

Yes, I'm not sure that I have my CC bar/SAFE system dialed in. I've got to go over everything and make sure it's all correct. I just picked up a quiver of Rage II's and have flown the 14m with the CC bar and SAFE bridles once and liked it so far. The kite turns very fast for a 14m and turns almost directly on its axis. The kite also has nice lift and more hangtime than I expected for such a moderate aspect kite. The CC bar will take some getting used to. Right now the bar stock and out of the box seems to have a slight excess of rear line slack, but again, I may not have everything dialed in quite right yet. I'm looking forward to a few more outings on these kites to really be able to get more of a feel for them.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:16 pm

Ollie you went with the windwings??? I saw that you are running their ad.
Dewey

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:04 pm

dewey
i think iam gonna get some too
maybe 14m outrage and a 8m rage2 to complament my quver
i relley like the reinforced tips with a batten and a strute to lock in the shape
also the c,c bar gets me jacked up i think i might like the lock the bar in trim and just fly but still sheet out with one hand i also read that you can tune the bar for strong or soft resistence.
charlie

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:17 pm

Charlie you too?? I think it's warm enough to start kiting now!!! I have the cc bar, and I tried it out and think it's pretty cool. The kites look good to I have a full outrage quiver. The 8m is very WIDE. It dwarfs my slingy9m. Looks like a fast flyer. Enjoy your kites. Which kites does Ollie have??
Dewey

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:26 pm

lets see...
i think he rode his 12 rage2, and he rode his 14rage2 lit up at alameda the other day
he said he got a 10 also
dew the kits looked fat you know relly good
the DEpower man he could just shout it off, the powerans when he pushed the bar to far the kite sat down well behavied .

so dewey we have been kite n ,what do ya mean start to kite?
charlie

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:14 pm

I'm the cold water wimp. I hate the wetsuit thing. I'll do it only for a few months then it's boardshorts !!!! I'm ready, now where's the wind???
Dewey