Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
They say that exercise will take your mind off kiting and relieve stress. In the off season we tend to get out of shape and gain weight. While during kite season we are fit as a fiddle.
What a load of crap. We all know that nothing is as fun as kiting. Working out just makes you want to be out kiting more because your like " Why I am using my muscles so hard and I am not on the water?" Here are my off season exercises.
1. Pump up your kites in the back yard and look how cool they look. While you are pumping them up pretend like you are just about to go out kiting. Take cool pictures of yourself in front of them. Post on forums.
2. Login to kiteforums as much as possible and make funny posts like this one!
3. Login to ikitesurf and check the wind as much as possible because there is always a chance it is going to be blowing all of a sudden, right?
4. Play x-box and buy any game that is as close to kiteboarding as possible and play the crap out of it. Currently Shawn Murry Wakeboarding is the closest.
5. Go snowkiting if you can.
6. Go snowboarding if you can but (Warning it just makes you want to be kiting even more!)
7. Drink lots of beer and watch kite videos.
8. Take a kite vacation but be warned once you get it back in your system you just want it more.
9. Countdown the days until the season starts.
10. Go on-line and look at all the new gear on sale and try and conince yourself that you really don't need new gear but then buy it anyway. That new kite in the living room will keep you happy for at least two days maybe more.
With this info you should be all set to be fit for the next season!!
Excellent list! I will try to follow it as best as I can. As we're in a canyon, I have to do the above in a local park, which is good as I then have a constant flow of people wanting to know what I'm doing. I can then spend some time explaining it to them...
Reminds me of when Jon asked Scott for a launch down in Costa Rica, after Jon asked, Scott said, "OK, are you all pumped up?" Jon said "Yeah" I added, "Yes, and his kite's ready too."
6 posts • Page 1 of 1