2 my kite BuDDys...

Local weather resources and topics.
CdoG
Old School
Old School
2 my kite BuDDys...

Post by CdoG » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:38 am

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 259 AM PDT WED AUG 15 2007
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THIS EVENING...
.TODAY...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT BECOMING 15 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS TO 30 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING.

.TONIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT BECOMING 10 TO 20 KT. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.THU...W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON..

following chip, is not allways the best answer....
following your hart...
.... is.

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:22 am

Hay Knarly...

Just thinking back.. We did not have ONE windless weekend at Sherman ALL SUMMER LONG.. Going back to April, this has been the best season this boy can remember.. Looks like another great weekend "on tap"

As the Summer days dwindle down to fall we will just need to wait and see. I am personally looking forward to some of those special 35 degree days on Folsom Lake like last year (brrrrrrrr)
Rich "ATOM" Baum

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:40 am

i remember kite n folSom..
way powerd, on my 12m ,and in my shortie..

and it feels like the season may last a little longer..

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:48 pm

Tonight after leaving Sherman, where it was blowing around 15, it was still blowing 25 plus on Hwy. 160 east of Windy Cove. ?????

I'm gonna be the glass half full guy here (big surprise) and say that I prefer the summers when the wind doesn't die at Sherman at 5 pm. But maybe that's because I can't ever get down there before 4:30 or so. I can't remember a single session last year when it was less windy at 7 pm then it was at 5. This year it's happened ten times or more.

And Rich, you obviously missed all the Saturdays of the Sherman Light Wind Challenge Race, ur, Red Neck Yacht Club races.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:15 pm

paul..
i got my glass filled ..

HiMMm... YUMmIe..

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:44 am

Paul,
I agree it has been a strange year.

Very few Dawn Patrol sessions as it seemed to start getting windy after 8am and really pick up at 10.. And I agree it normally get's windier after 5pm but on the flip side, I can't remember one Summer @ Sherman in the past 15 years that didn't have at least one completely scorching / totally windless weekend...
And though it might be light, if you can get out for even a few runs I would concider that a kitable day (being the half full guy that I am)

Many times this Summer I would hear guys (and girls) bitching about how it was only blowing 15 mph... Hell, 90% of the world would die to have that much wind on a consistant basis. How would you like to live in So Cal and ride a 16m all the time? Not me, I think Sherman is the best wind in CA and i'm happy to ride my 12m in light winds like Wed. even though it was up & down and a short session. I again agree it was a bummer that all the way down it was blowing close to 30 and as soon as I parked my truck it dropped to 18 :(

Let's just see what happens this weekend.

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA-
342 AM PDT FRI AUG 17 2007

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON PDT TODAY THROUGH
THIS EVENING...

.TODAY...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE
AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING.
.TONIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WINDS DECREASING TO 5 TO 15 KT
AFTER MIDNIGHT.
.SAT...W WINDS 10 TO 20 KT.
.SAT NIGHT...W WINDS 10 TO 20 KT...DECREASING TO 5 TO 10 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT.
.SUN...W WINDS 10 TO 20 KT...DECREASING TO 5 TO 10 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT.
.MON...W WINDS 10 TO 20 KT.
.TUE...W WINDS 10 TO 20 KT.
Rich "ATOM" Baum

davewsail
Regular
Regular

Post by davewsail » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:27 am

Rich, I've noticed a correlation of when you post about how good the wind is that it turns out to be crap. I guess I'll be staying home this weekend due to crappy wind. :P
Team rider for Sheldon Kiteboarding and North

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:25 am

Rich, the wierdest thing about Weds. was how gusty it was. I don't think of light wind as "gusty", but the graph for that evening confirms what I was feeling out there -- it was gusting from 10 to 25, with the average right around 15.

Those gusts were yanking me on my 12; I'd hate to have been on a 16, even though you would think that would have been the right kite for the day.

I think we need some fog in the Bay.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.