SF Surfer, whitewater kayaker, looking for Kite Buddy

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.
Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!
Dropnines
Joey
Joey
SF Surfer, whitewater kayaker, looking for Kite Buddy

Post by Dropnines » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:15 am

Howdy,

I'm an experience surfer and whitewater kayaker who is looking to hook up with a buddy for kiting.

Along with flying my trainer kite extensively, I have taken about 5 lessons, mastered body-dragging, gotten the board on my feet and am looking to finally get it going. I have all my gear.

I live in SF and will some relative flexibilty with work. I'd like to start at Alameda, the work my way up to 3rd street, eventually looking at OB, Chrissy and other locales. I am patience with a learning curve, safe and very motivated.

kyleq1 at hotmail dot com

Cheers.

beachcarolyn2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by beachcarolyn2 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:05 pm

Hi There,

Sounds like a good match - i have had around 5 lessons, and been out with a friend at 3rd ave once (body dragging). I have got up on the board a couple of times in the lessons, but are finding it a difficult transition from having lessons, to getting out there on my own. I drove to Alameda today but chickened out from going in (rain didn't help to convince me!). I think a buddy to help motivate at a similar level is just what i need (although i am not much good at surfing or kayaking).

Let me know if you are keen. I am planning to go next saturday to Alameda. I live in SF too.

beachcarolyn2@yahoo.com

Cheers, Carolyn