My no wind hobby..check it!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
My no wind hobby..check it!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:59 pm

Of course if I could be on the water all the time I would be. But that is just not the case. So I decided to take up another hobby that is just as challenging and rewarding as kiteboarding. Well almost! If I had the choice I would still kite. I got into mixing electronic music namely progressive house. I practice whenever it is not windy or after a really good kite session. It lets me somehow express my emotions of kiting through music. After many a non-windy day this winter I finnaly made a good mix. Have a listen if you are as bored as me. It works best if you install Apple quicktime from www.apple.com

Here it is:

http://danreman.com/files/1-15-05.mp3

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:01 pm

P.S.

In my boredom I have also started playing around with movie editing. Now I just need to take some time out this year and get some footage of some good kiting.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:20 pm

I'm listening to it now. Good job! If you can get some good kiting footage, you can do the video editing and the soundtrack to it. What are you using for your audio and video editing?

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:34 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:I'm listening to it now. Good job! If you can get some good kiting footage, you can do the video editing and the soundtrack to it. What are you using for your audio and video editing?
For movie editing I am using Windows Movie maker that came with my Dell PC. I'm not sure if it came with windows XP or if it is an add on. The computer came with a bunch of software. Movie maker works pretty good so far. I never really played around with movie editiing but I got a new digital camera for X-mas and wanted to play around with it. The camera does video right to .MPG format and it is USB 2.0 so it is super easy to mess with on the computer. For sound recording I use Quartz studio. It is freeware and for free it works freakin awsome. Just do a google search on it. I would somehow like to merge kiting and my mixing. Maybe I will make a kite video or hook up the turntables at the beach this summer for a post kite session. Not sure if I am ready for that yet but we'll see. -Late