New "Golf" Kite Travel Bag

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:36 am

We have sold hundreds of the NSI Deceiver bags and there hasn't been a single charge so far!

http://www.live2kite.com/product_info.p ... 49c53f70ee

We have a bunch in stock and shipping daily all over the world!
We also have our rental program if anyone is interested to rent one.

Happy Holidays,
The Live2KITE Team

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:36 pm

Live2KITE wrote:I tried both bags, and the Best golf bag is far less quality than the NSI version. Zippers, material, straps, wheels etc overall and inferior (from quality perspective) product.
In addition, when put next to each other, you barely see the best golf sign, vs. the NSI where the GOLF is very predominant.
Finally the fact that it's not black makes it look less golf-like.
Just my view after testing both products. The person who designs the best accessories is a close friend and I have shared my inputs with him already - they might redesign it in the future (?)
Cheers,
Live2KITE
You sell NSI and not Best then bash best?

I have an NSI and my bud just got the best bag, the best bag is far better. Bigger, tougher, more durable, shoulder straps/backpack, etc... get real dude. Obviously best copied it and made it better...

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:14 pm

It's always good to hear the experiences of different owners of the different bags. As I stated, I had already bought the NSI bag before the Best one was available, and it's worked well and paid for itself on the first trip, but it's good to hear that the Best bag is good too. It has more features, but when you say the Best bag is tougher and more durable, I'm skeptical of that because the NSI bag is bomber, so I think it's probably safe to say that they are both tough and durable.....

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:05 pm

Hi Guy's!

I recently travelled with my gear packed in a Dakine 5' Air Wagon. It was my only baggage I checked in plus I had a carry on. Both were at the maximum allowable weight for regular checked baggage and carry on. I made myself a couple of professional looking "Pro Golf" logo decals and an "I heart Golf!" bumper sticker that I stuck on to the bag. Cost was 15 minutes in PhotoShop and $15 for inkjet labels. It worked great, no questions asked. Even though it weighed almost 7kg more on the return flight due to wet gear and my dirty laundry (my carry on was 1.5kg less). I also took some backup stickers in case they didn't survive the trip down.

I don't exactly look like a "golfer" (more surfer dude). The travel bag would be considered excess in size (except for maybe a golf bag). The fact that the bag(s) were not excess in quantity, and the weight was reasonable (both bags combined), and the travel bag had visible "golf" related markings on it was enough.

Myron

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:17 pm

On a related subject, I just got back from Costa Rica and on my way there as I was just about to check in and was about six feet away from the checkin counter, a guy behind me had noticed my NSI bag and started asking how I hit and what my handicap was. I don't know a whole lot about golf and just leaned in close to him and said quietely, "It's not clubs in the bag!" He starting saying all loudly, "It says Golf on the side!" So really quickly I turned it around on him and asked how he did and where he was going. Luckily, he was fired up to talk about that and talked about how he played for days on end at Pebble Beach and Spyglass hill and on and on.....good riddance! Close call!

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:37 pm

BayAreaKite wrote: a guy behind me had noticed my NSI bag and started asking how I hit and what my handicap was.
We have snow here now. No golf locally. So, if anyone got curious, I was prepared to say that I just caught the bug this summer and I still suck. But, I heard that there was spectacular golf around <use your destination here> to be had. That I could not resist going on a golf trip with this cheap airfare and extremely cold weather.

Turning around the conversation after that is a super idea too (wish I thought of it, but it never came up anyhow).

Myron

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:10 pm

Recently we traveled to Baja. I had to bring loads of gear due to our testing schedule, and one board bag wasn't cutting it. I ended up bringing the NSI Deceiver and the Liquid Force Travel bag, which could haul 3 boards (one of them a fat skim board) and 4 kites, including bars, and all the necessary supporting accessories. On the Deceiver I had 2 boards and 3 kites.
Just the fact that one of the 2 bags had the Golf looks and writing was enough to pass the other one through. Also, the fact that we were checking right at the end of the allowed time made everyone wanting to rush and get everything wrapped up. I don't recommend it but it's the second time that checking in at the last minute by-passed all the formalities.

BTW - I just arrived back from a trip to South East Asia, including India, Sri Lanka and Maldives. These people really need all the help we can offer. I had to bring my gear with me - just in case it got windy in one of my breaks - My Deceiver bag has checked in 8 trips so far, and still looks like NEW!

Please help the ones in need in any way possible!

Live2KITE