Alameda Journal pg1 1/11/05

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Bob
Regular
Regular
Alameda Journal pg1 1/11/05

Post by Bob » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:53 pm

Nice 1/3 page photo of Gary Van Tassel catching air at Crown Beach on page one of today's Alameda Journal.
Reads:
"Welcome Weather -- For Some"

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:38 am

Good job! Can anyone scan this to post it here on the site?

G2

I have about 20 copies....

Post by G2 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:22 pm

After I saw it I bought a few for mom, dad, grandma, the girlfriend, the dog.......

I don't have a scanner...anyone else have one I can pass a copy of it to?

At least I didn't have that stupid face I always make when I'm jumping! :shock:

G2

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:45 pm

Of course I got snuffed out of another Photo shoot!! I have the article I will try and take a digital photo of it and see how it turns out and post it here. It is a great shoot. Big air and all!!

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:25 am

If the photo of it doesn't turn out, maybe someone (Bob?) has a copy I can just borrow to scan.

It would be cool this season to get more photos and video of bay area riders at the different spots, but it always seems that everyone (myself included) is usually pretty hyped up to be on the water, so it doesn't happen...

One of the things I'd like to do is compile a bunch of video footage showcasing the bay areas riders and launches, kind of like a promo thing...

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:06 am

The photo and caption is about legal size so anyone with a flatbed scanner that size should be able to capture it. I'll hold my copy for your return from paradise :-)

It would be cool for intros and how tos for the major launch sites to be posted. Sketchy locations like blood alley might be better left quietly in the invisible background... If you are good enough to ride there you will know it. If not you should not know about it...

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:48 pm

Well put bob
i have some ides on setup and lounching for differnt spots
i dont have time here ,but ill get into it soon
also want ollie to set up a swopmeet,i dont think we need the shops for that .

Hey ollie we should have got some pictures of the strom sailing,its a nice pice of the pie,of kiteing around the BAY we have all kinds of differnt water .waves to flat and anything inbetween

bob, ollie has intro to the sites. what do you have in mind?
charlie

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:10 pm

If Ollie is looking to get some video footage of launches it should be presented with beginners in mind. Sort of a best behaviour scene. Waiting for the thumbs up checking lines and downwind etc. with no jumping next to the beach (brown water Ollie) sort of approach.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:27 am

Bob wrote:The photo and caption is about legal size so anyone with a flatbed scanner that size should be able to capture it. I'll hold my copy for your return from paradise :-)

It would be cool for intros and how tos for the major launch sites to be posted. Sketchy locations like blood alley might be better left quietly in the invisible background... If you are good enough to ride there you will know it. If not you should not know about it...
Intros and info about all the local sites are already listed on the site here:

https://www.bayareakiteboarding.com/forum-23.html

It's true some spots are not publicized and won't be for safety reasons. Videos showing proper procedures are also a good idea. I was also wanting to, when the season gets underway, work on a video showing some killer footage and action of local riders at local spots also... but we're a little ways here still. We need wind!

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:58 pm

Here is the pic of the article. That is the best I could do with a digital camera.

https://www.bayareakiteboarding.com/med ... m=23&pos=0