Blizzard in Tahoe?

Winter snowkiting topics and locations.
OliverG
Old School
Old School
Blizzard in Tahoe?

Post by OliverG » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:49 am

Hey Gabe,

What's happening up there? On the news it looks like a lot of snow and a big storm. Roads closed and all. What do you see outside your window?

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Re: Blizzard in Tahoe?

Post by KillaHz » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:00 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:Hey Gabe,

What's happening up there? On the news it looks like a lot of snow and a big storm. Roads closed and all. What do you see outside your window?
Outside my window? nothing, well, white!

It's the light fluffy stuff. Only took me 2 hours to shovel out 2 feet of snow this morning. Another 5 feet by tomorrow morning forcast.

I got a sick 7 meter session yesterday in knee to waist deep pow!

blowing 20 - 40 right now in town...think I'm going to go get some once I do another session on the driveway.

...Bring it on!
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:09 pm

It's not a white-out, it's a kite-out.
Go bigga'

mbzporvida
Regular
Regular

Snow kiting

Post by mbzporvida » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:52 pm

Gabe whats up ? just got back from Whistler B.C. Is there anybody going out snow kiting this weekend? Give me a ring as I will try to make it up on Sunday. Talk later....Curt
Another trip around the sun ?

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Re: Snow kiting

Post by KillaHz » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:14 am

mbzporvida wrote:Gabe whats up ? just got back from Whistler B.C. Is there anybody going out snow kiting this weekend? Give me a ring as I will try to make it up on Sunday. Talk later....Curt
Hello Curt!

I have had good sessions the last two days. There is 6 or so inches of fresh in my driveway this morning. Supposed to be windy. Not sure what the wind is doing this weekend. Should be good. With this much snow we need a lot of wind though. Check in with me on Friday. You canm't really go wrong coming up since you'll either catch a great day on the hill or a great day kiting.
Gabe Brown

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Re: Snow kiting

Post by KillaHz » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:46 am

KillaHz wrote:
mbzporvida wrote:Gabe whats up ? just got back from Whistler B.C. Is there anybody going out snow kiting this weekend? Give me a ring as I will try to make it up on Sunday. Talk later....Curt
Hello Curt!

I have had good sessions the last two days. There is 6 or so inches of fresh in my driveway this morning. Supposed to be windy. Not sure what the wind is doing this weekend. Should be good. With this much snow we need a lot of wind though. Check in with me on Friday. You canm't really go wrong coming up since you'll either catch a great day on the hill or a great day kiting.
I'd say we're looking good as long as you can still see out there. Again there is the issue of whether or not you can get to Tahoe.

Saturday - Windy with snow. Snow accumulation 4 to 8 inches...with 12 to 18 inches above 7000 feet. Highs 24 to 34. Southwest winds 25 to 35 mph.
Saturday Night - Windy with snow. Lows 15 to 25. Southwest winds 20 to 30 mph.
Sunday - Windy with snow. Highs 26 to 36. Southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.

Now that it's light out and I can see...there is atleast half a foot here in town and it is dumping and blowing about 50 - 60. I am going to go get some here as soon as the whiteout is over.
Gabe Brown