Heat wave coming

Local weather resources and topics.
windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:03 pm

Ok, that's funny. WWCD! I see a T-shirt idea in the making here.

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:45 pm

yuri
i like the foot straps on the head
cuZ when it blows out there, the john turns into a bowday
and there is a hole lotta wind move n out the john
Narly1

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:33 pm

Well, we all know when it's you on the can, where the wind is comin' from!

Too much Top Ramen, not good.

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:05 pm

I got your ToP RaMen,
right HeRe.

and why are you not kiteing....?
Narly1

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:14 pm

and ollie..
heads up Bigga..and whitecap
uncle fester
and
Z.
maybe gabe to ,but i dont think so..
BayAreaKite wrote:It's easy to get spoiled when we get such good winds. I wanted to keep flying my 7m, and reluctantly pumped up my 9m when needed. 8 days since the Friday before last and only flew the 10.5 once I think, the rest of time time on the 7 and 9. A solid 30mph with higher gusts Saturday afternoon was insane bliss on the water!
there was that old school say n

"just say no to 5.0"
i think it started some were around the HooD.
it moved right on into the delta..
i think it was 1989.... or so...?
give or take.

so it sounds like ......?
Narly1

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:41 pm

Charlie,
I've only ridden my 12 once since last fall. I'm with Ollie, I'm only going to ride my 9 this season. Or my 7, when I get one.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:25 am

nothing wrong with that!

that say n..
"just say no to 5.0"
was populry..

yesterday afternoon s.i. was holding 35
i thought about my pole surfing equment.

for me its 16m weather
Narly1

dakine1
Regular
Regular

Post by dakine1 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:39 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:I had a playful discussion with a kiter friend at Sherman this weekend about what exactly constitutes a sherman local. Is it if you live nearby and only kite there and no where else, is it if you live there in a trailer on weekends throughout the season, etc. Ultimately we, and others, agreed that no one, other than Bob and Mina who are there year round, rain or shine, windy or not, is really a "local". Do you live there? Does your PG&E biull get sent to you at Sherman Island in the park? Is that where you get your mail? It's a county park, all you need to do is pay your day use fee or get your annual pass and you're in.

With that said, if people come to Sherman to kite who generally don't kite there often, all they need to do is be an intermediate to advanced kiter, be safe, follow the rules and show others respect. Roll up your lines, stack your kites, give right of way when needed and make friends. Kiting is an inclusive sport, don't make it an exclusive sport by making statements that make it sound like you have any more right to it than anyone else. Everyone who kites at Sherman has been a "tourist" at one point too, and some have been more recent than others. Build community, don't separate it.

First off Yuri, The people that run the gate have allready paid. You can do that too for a small fee.Footstaps in the back shitter are extra. Ollie good way to put the whole program. To bad nobody listens. So If you think you can leave your gear layed out at any launch at Sherman... FRONT OR BACK.. Expect to get some crap from the so called locals.. Leaving your gear out is very dangerous to everyone. Not sure why the masses are getting butt hurt over localism.. Seems to be more about common sense and sharing. I feel if you are leaving your gear in the lanch area for your convinence, you are not sharing. You are also making it dangerous for me to launch. Not friendly!!! So for the people complaining about so called locals, They need to start looking within.. See ya on the water

ED/OUT 8)

lacasaverde
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by lacasaverde » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:34 pm

oh so very eloquently stated Mr. H. Kudos!!
It ain't easy being greene.

airess
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by airess » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:29 pm

windhorny wrote: And heres another question for the regulars. 3 people past by me as i was stopped to pay my fee at the gate. How many people feel they are too good to not help maintain their own kitopia? Is there something i don't know about where that money goes? Maybe the little shits use it for beer money.
i think we can scratch this one off the 'is he a local?' list