visiting the bay area for a week...

Local weather resources and topics.
alexx
Joey
Joey
visiting the bay area for a week...

Post by alexx » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:55 pm

hey you guys,
I am German and my company sends me to Sunnyvale for a week from Wednesday, June 6th through Thursday, June 14th. I am thinking about taking my kite gear with me!! 8) Could somebody please give me a hint which spots would be worth a try in this week? I'll be taking my 12 Crossbow with me. Any tip would be appreciated! And I'd be happy to return the favor to anyone who might travel to northern Germany! :)

thanks a lot,

Alex

p.s.: I usually get back to the spot I started at and I mainly like cruising with a little jump from time to time - no pro at all!!!

zgur
Resident
Resident

Welcome

Post by zgur » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:06 am

Alex - welcome to kiteboarding paradise. Definately bring your gear with you. When you are here we should have all the spots working:
3d - closest to your work
Crissy - amazing place to kite, definately hit it there on the weekend
The delta - one of the best around.

Have fun, Zeev.

michael
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by michael » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:58 am

Alex,

first of all get a free one-week membership at ikitesurf.com, this way you will know exactly where there is a good wind in real time.

12m Crossbow will be perfect at 3rd Ave (San Mateo) just about any day. Besides, this is the closest location to you, about 20-30 minutes by car from Sunnyvale. The wind is one of the most consistent and reliable.

If you are more on a beginner side, then Alameda with a nice long beach will be what you need. Any location other than Alameda is for intermediate or advanced riders.

alexx
Joey
Joey

Post by alexx » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Zeev, Michael, thanks a lot for the warm welcome! I am really looking forward to the trip. I am a member at ikitesurf.com now (great site!) and the pictures I found of Crissy look awsome!

thanks again and have fun!

Alex