Windwing Kites

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:21 pm

just got mine and I think I have the SAFE system figured out. You'll need the pulley to get more depower to activate the SAFE system. I pumped up the 8 and it looks solid. Looks like rain is comming so I deflated it. Funny thing, no user manuals, just instructions on the safe and jumpstart. Will give more info later. Need Sleep
Dewey

Kiteboardstud25
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kiteboardstud25 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:58 pm

Dewey, just got mine last week. The safe system was a pain to hook with those bad instructions. Anyways I got it figured out but when I flew my 10 on land the safe system was not working. Let me know how yours is.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:33 pm

Does this illustration help?

http://www.windwing.com/pdf/SAFE%20Stat ... erted].pdf

Or is that what you already have?

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:33 pm

Yeah I have it (black and white photo copy) I just think it's kind of funny that you have to download the manual. Clearing out the living room now to attach the bridles. By the way, when they say factory direct they mean it. Kites were shipped on the 22nd from Hong Kong!!!
Dewey

Kiteboardstud25
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kiteboardstud25 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:12 pm

Dewey, did your safe system static bridle lines and the things you attach those to on the leading edge come in the package with the jumpstart instructions? That is where mine were and the safe system bridle (red) came by itslef with the safe system instructions. Let me know if this is how yours were. It doesn't make sense since you don't need the staic bridle lines for the jumpstart system.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:53 pm

Yep that's how i got mine. Did you install the SAFE system yet?? I tried mine and it seems about 3 inches too long. When I pull the rear line the ball will not hit the front ring. I must be doing something wrong.
Dewey

jowall
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by jowall » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:10 pm

I also ordered a quiver of Windwings (Rage II). I'm reading in your posts that it appears I'll be lucky enough to benefit from your assembly experience.

I'm curious, how many weeks did yours take to arrive? I shouldn't be in a hurry as there's no wind and work is going full out but I still want to play with them.

-John

wilzone
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wilzone » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:45 am

dewey wrote:Yeah I have it (black and white photo copy) I just think it's kind of funny that you have to download the manual. Clearing out the living room now to attach the bridles. By the way, when they say factory direct they mean it. Kites were shipped on the 22nd from Hong Kong!!!
Sorry for the inconveniences, guys. Downloading the manual was the fastest way to make it available. Factory Direct is right -- the kites come from Hong Kong, so we have to set up a printing arrangement over there to ship the manuals with the kites, which we ARE doing, kites will come with printed glossy manuals very soon if not already. This stuff takes time to set up and is doubly hard in foreign countries, etc. You can imagine I'm sure.
As for the SAFE bridle problems, I'll respond to other posts below.

w
Will Harper
Windwing

wilzone
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wilzone » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:52 am

dewey wrote:Yep that's how i got mine. Did you install the SAFE system yet?? I tried mine and it seems about 3 inches too long. When I pull the rear line the ball will not hit the front ring. I must be doing something wrong.
Yes, something is definately wrong. It's either installed incorrectly or somehow you got the wrong bridle (I'm guessing here). Unfortunately all our tech guys are in Baja right now on a photoshoot/product test (yeah right) and won't be back until next week. Please call Windwing in Hood River next week and get John Bellacera or Boarding Bob on the phone and work this out. The last thing we want is for you to have a bad experience because something is not right. Please take advantage of this resource, these guys are nice and very helpful.
You can email them directly by going to the "about us" section of windwing.com and clicking on their direct email links, or call the loft here at 541-386-3905.
I am confident that we can get this working right, we are getting rave reviews from kiters all over the globe since we launched the SAFE system.
Hope this helps,

w
Will Harper
Windwing

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:04 pm

Thanks wilzone. I also left a message for Mike Pauly. Is he out as well?? Will call your tech guys next week.

jowall - got mine in less than 2 weeks. That was with the upgraded shipping. Could take up to six weeks from hong kong standard.
Dewey