French kiteboarder

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.
Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!
bennn
Joey
Joey
French kiteboarder

Post by bennn » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:53 pm

Hi I'm french, I don't it any frogs or snails, and I just started studying in Davis. I brought all my stuffs, and I was wondering what was the place around. I saw that shermann island is ok, but it's a bit far. Do you know if Lake Berryessa is ok for kiteboarding ? Is there any spot which is easily reachable with a train or a bus ?

Oh by the way I have no car, so if somebody would like to share a ride, I'm the guy !

Thanks, and any information would be very helpful...

Cheers

Ben

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:33 pm

I live in Winters, west of Davis. Berryessa is a long, long drive (1 hour to the public beach) from Davis even though it looks close on the map, and there's not public transportation to get you there. And it's probably not a great place to kite, although I wouldn't know because I haven't tried yet. There's just no reason to try to kite there when it takes just a bit longer to get to Sherman.

Sherman Island looks far on the map, but it is actually the closest place for you to kite. It also happens to be one of the best places to kite in Northern California. Unfortunately, there is no public transportation that goes there, either.

I hate to sound negative, but if you plan on staying in Davis and doing any kiting at all, you are going to have to buy a car. Or make really, really good friends with a kiter in Davis.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

bennn
Joey
Joey

Post by bennn » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:57 pm

Thanks paul ! Well I ll look around if there's a car for sale, but it looks pretty difficult considering how empty my bank account is....

If you go there one day just let me know : 530 400 9392

CHEERS !!!!!!!!!