New to the Bay area

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.
Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!
Kacine
Joey
Joey
New to the Bay area

Post by Kacine » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:08 pm

I just moved from Florida a few months ago and have been kiting a couple of years. I have my IKO license as well. I am dying to get out and ride, and am having MAJOR withdrawls. Is there anyone who would be willing to show me the ropes here? where to ride, etc.? I also don't have a car, so if you are in San Francisco and drive, and don't mind carpooling, I would definitely pitch in a couple of bucks for a ride!

luigi
Joey
Joey

Post by luigi » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:48 am

hey there and welcome to the bay! i am very new to the sport and am in need for some serouse instruction so if you are willing to give a new kiter some pointers i could show ya around. (i got a car too!)

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:25 am

Well, the season doesn't really start here until May or so, so until then you'll be riding mostly storm winds. with that said, since you live in SF, you could definitely ride Crissy or OB and take Muni....

beyond that, things won't really get going until later in the spring, so you'll have better luck finding carpool buddies then.
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets

Hdebeer
Joey
Joey

Regular visitor to SF but need some kiting buddies!

Post by Hdebeer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:25 pm

Hey all,

I actually live on the other side of the world, but I come to SF every 2 weeks for 2 days at a time. I stay in the city centre (Union Square) and was wondering where I can kite that would be accessable without needing a rental car.

Where can I go where I would find people kiting on a regualr basis.

Thanks
8)

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:32 pm

if you don't have a rental car, you can really only kite at crissy field or ocean beach . . .crissy will have kiters pretty much every day in the summer