Treasure Cay, Bahamas

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
Greg
Old School
Old School
Treasure Cay, Bahamas

Post by Greg » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:22 pm

Well folks I've finally found heaven on earth!
Treasure Cay is a kiters dream. The water is 75-80 degrees, air 80-85, winds are generally light (14-16 m mostly) but should be kitable nearly all winter . Cristal clear water and the whitest sand on earth have named this location one of the 10 best beaches mother earth. The water is mostly shallow with numerous sand bars. The point forms hunderds of little waves driving down a sand bar. On the other side of the sand bar is the flatest water around. If you beat it up wind far enough bigger waves are to be had. A short ferry ride away is Green Turtel Cay with insain reefs for surfing.
The best thing about Treasure Cay is the fact that you can kite about in winds to about 280 degrees. The winds in the Bahamas go all the way around the clock and the point allows many options.
My new house will be located about 5 mins by golf cart to the point and has 185' of water front on WindWard Beach, Treasure Cay. I dont have any beach in front of the house untell low tide but that seemed a small price to pay for the awesome 280 degree water view and selling price.
We should begin construction of the new house in about 6 months and compleat it in around 1.5 years. This is to be our winter location.
L.M.G.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:32 pm

Wow. That sounds absolutely awesome. Not only as a vacation but to have a winter home there! You'll have to fill me in on the details. Did you get some pictures of it?

Honestly, I can't imagine 24/7 wind in those kinds of water and air temps with 280 degree kiting options. That's nuts. You are one lucky dude!

Talk to you soon,
Oliver

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 pm

L.M.G.

Is land/building affordable out there? Can you ball park what a lot sells for? Sound great, if not a little too close to the hurricane impact zone.

-m

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:32 pm

-M
Land is affordable. My waterfront was 150k, inland is as low as 30k. Construction is affordable if you can do it yourself. Labor is expencive.
Actually about everything is expencive. The cost of living is high but that is why you have the beach mostly to yourself.
Check out my links and info on this site. Search: Winter kiting/ Treasure Cay
L.M.G.