Feb 10th and 11th

Winter snowkiting topics and locations.

Moderator: BayAreaKite

Feb 10th and 11th

Postby Fish » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:08 pm

I just got a 7M kite and a free weekend and am looking to head somewhere to check it out. looks like it may be snowing over the next couple days and thought it would be a great excuse to head out kiteboarding.

Ideally I am probably looking to go for the day on Saturday, but if people are going up I would love to either help plan something or just tag along.

Let me know,

Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:10 am
Location: inner Richmond, SF

Postby Bulldog » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:35 pm

50 mph winds and rain below 7000 ft. is not ideal conditions for snow kiting, if that's what you're talking about.
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.
User avatar
Old School
Old School
Posts: 1781
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:23 pm

Postby KillaHz » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:38 pm

I haven't checked the forecast but 50mph is likely the ridgline gust forecast. Unfortuneately with the current coverage and high snow level prediction, you will likely have to kite at altitude. Problem is all that snow will get blown to the lee of the kite hill. Maybe try the clearing winds after the storm.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...
User avatar
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:56 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:04 pm

Plan A - hit up Mt. Rose meadows for some snowkiting. If a no-go, then Plan B is to hit Mt. Rose resort for some half-day riding. I'm thinking Saturday, but I'm watching the weather, so Sunday may be the day.

I'm putting out the call for anyone interested in snowkiting this weekend. It would bw great to have a big crew on the slopes this weekend... please feel free to PM me for details. :)
Posts: 603
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:55 pm
Location: Northern Hemisphere

Return to Snowkiting Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest