not la ventana

Winter snowkiting topics and locations.
whitecap
Regular
Regular
not la ventana

Post by whitecap » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:23 pm

we were looking for something different than la ventana, so we headed down to Cozumel...pretty good trip - not as strong a breeze, but some waves and warm water. We were hoping for the north side to work by the casa viento crew, but only got one day, and that was on a 15.

sorta boring flat water, and I already posted this on a diff topic..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Qu6ohyqes

the other side of the island was more interesting , with some waves, as well as a cantina serving up some nice margies. This was the first time my 7 yr old was happy body surfing...like all day....while we could kite around him. Pretty nice for the family outing. This spot was about 35-40 min from our spot on the north side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zbuQP1Q6wg

Hope to put up some more vid of rio action soon.....

bob

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:09 am

sorta boring.. yes I understand.

yesterday the wind finally cranked (thank GOD!), the carpet finally got all stirred up and a most kind combo (strong wind AND waves, sorta..) filled in...
Having a few 3-4' ramps was really nice but nuthing compares to SOLID SWELL and WIND!
Where on this green earth due you know, is a truely good combo of BIG (at least over head), MEATY (at least pitching enough to sit in the green room), Clean (at least in the zona-de-impacto) waves and SOLID (that means reliable 20plus) wind be found?? In mid-winter..
Stir crazy, Greg

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:38 am

oh well...posted this in the wrong place...I was probably thinking of the killer weekend we just had up at skyline with the local crew...I have no idea of how to move this over to kiteboarding...ah, whatever...