Local weather resources and topics.
narly1
Regular
Regular
More...?

Post by narly1 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:18 am

well looks like maybe one more time...?
yes i got high as a kItE ,yesterday..

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 205 AM PST THU JAN 11 2007
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 12 NOON THROUGH 9 PM TONIGHT... .TODAY...NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

.TONIGHT...NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
.FRI...N WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. .FRI NIGHT...N WINDS 5 TO 10 KT.
.SAT THROUGH MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY...N WINDS 5 TO 10 KT.
Narly1

liv2kitesurf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by liv2kitesurf » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:02 am

yeah, I also had a great session yesterday... but it was bone-chilling cold. Might be nice to get another spin before the dreaded Northerlys.
liv2kitesurf
BayAreaKiteboarding 1st enrolled member ! (besides host)

F-one Bandit 7.5, 9 & 11m
6'0" yellow custom quad surfboard

http://picasaweb.google.com/2kitesurf/B ... dingShotsI

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:51 am

I don't know what it's like down there today, but it's even colder here today than it was yesterday.

I think I'll wait til the weekend and do a sport where I'm not freezing my ass off the whole time.

Skiing.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:57 pm

Today was super fun 14m (lit) on a straped board, would have been better towards the end to be on a 12. I ran into a coupla kiters as soon as I got off the Green Turtal fairy who gave me a ride to Gallume Bay. We kited waves on the outside upwards of 6'-7', tons of smaller point/flat reef waves were had inside. Most fun was having other kiters to play with!!
Winds cranking now, probably mid 20's- low 30's, might be sick tomarrow if the swell gets to the forcasted height of 9-14', love to be on my 8.
L.M.G.

liv2kitesurf
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by liv2kitesurf » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:10 am

L.M.G. wrote:Today was super fun 14m (lit) on a straped board, would have been better towards the end to be on a 12. I ran into a coupla kiters as soon as I got off the Green Turtal fairy who gave me a ride to Gallume Bay. We kited waves on the outside upwards of 6'-7', tons of smaller point/flat reef waves were had inside. Most fun was having other kiters to play with!!
Winds cranking now, probably mid 20's- low 30's, might be sick tomarrow if the swell gets to the forcasted height of 9-14', love to be on my 8.
L.M.G.
I don't suppose it was bone-numbing cold like my session yesterday (mine was also in good waves BTW) ?? Also, does the Green Turtal fairy have littly lacey white wings ? if so, I am blushing and shocked that you rode her all the way out to Gallume Bay.
liv2kitesurf
BayAreaKiteboarding 1st enrolled member ! (besides host)

F-one Bandit 7.5, 9 & 11m
6'0" yellow custom quad surfboard

http://picasaweb.google.com/2kitesurf/B ... dingShotsI

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:55 am

WOW what a night!!
At about 3:30am my girl woke me saying "I smell smoke!" I jumped out of bed and tossed on my shorts to figure out what was happening. She's asking me should I be preparing to leave??, I'm trying to see whats going on...
I see smoke billowing our way from down the road.. I run down the street to see if I could help in some way.
As I get to the fire I can see one unit fully engulfed in flames, next unit is on fire.. People are using garden hoses to wet the roofs.. The wind is blowing 20 something- flames are shooting up then out 30-40 feet like a blast furnish... After determining the people were all out I jump into fire fighting mode.
As the scond units roof caved in we had better access to add water to the inside.
Finally with two sump pumps in the harbor hooked up to 2 inch fire hoses we managed to stop the third unit from going up. About 4:30 a fire truck arrived from the airport. By the time the fire truck ran out of water the second unit was about brought under controll. Next we moved into the 3ed unit and chopped holes in the walls and ceiling finding more flames but finally stoping the fire from moving on..
What a nightmare!!
This really got me thinking about CPR etc.. I'm going to spend some time reading up about fire fighting tactics.. When to break windows--when not too..
The end result was one cat died and two people narrowly excaped. Six units were partally or totally destroyed. I got a few minor injuries and some smoke inhalation. My arms are spent and everything smells like smoke but I was glade to help, this is a great community!
I hear this morning the arsionist was arrested, I hope he burns in hell in Fox Town jail!!!
Greg

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:06 am

Wow Greg, that's crazy! Glad no one got hurt (except the cat :( ). CPR will be a good thing for all of us to know and the training is coming up soon here...

Jeb Mud
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Jeb Mud » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:38 am

Whole of the bay is dotted with whitecaps from this strong N wind, especially near Angel Island...

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:00 pm

Are you sure that isn't icecaps you're seeing... brrrrrrrrrrrr
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:13 pm

G, bad story, glad you're okay except for the smoke inhalation.
Go bigga'