Kiss ass tactics

Local weather resources and topics.
narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:05 am

so yuri,
i was not pointing a finger at you....
in fact, you have been a good kiter lately...
i cant rember the last time i yelled at you .
i did yell, with you ,when you were bust n in that last stroM!
Narly1

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:19 am

Ok, forget the whole idea. Just know there was no ill-contempt,"get out of jail free card" alterior motive, sneaky plans, etc.

This whole thing reminds me of elementary school. I went to use the bathroom one day and someone threw a stinl bomb in the hall. I immediatley got called to the principals office. I didnt even know what a stink bomb looked like. Story of my life.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:01 pm

maybe you should just not go to the bathroom... from now on.
I've got it, whenever you need to leave a "shite" or pea, ask ME first. I'll cover you from the stink bomb people.. :yawinkle:
L.M.G.

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:13 pm

Yuri, go for it!

I don't know how this good jesture and creative idea got so turned around but it's a shame.

While I could not tell you the last time I went to Crowne Beach, I do know that any kind jesture towards the parks is a good effort.

There is no way Anne will perceive this as "rubbing the lack of trash pick up in her face". The parks don't have the resources to pick all the glass up and it comes in with the tide every day. You and your woman have done a great job picking up glass and I'm sure it will be appreciated as a gift.

If anything, Anne will recognize that kiters do indeed give and not just take.

Don't let anyone get you down on the idea...go for it!
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:16 am

yuri,
i was not pointing a finger at you....
ditto
Offer a gift and I am guilty of walking up the beach and not body dragging. And you wonder why I dont give a shite!
WTF???

My two cent stink bomb was to agree that a mosaic would be a nice gesture.
And reaffirm what we all know; If the public walking the path or sitting on a blanket on the beach or driving by in a car is injured by a kiter - any kiter -then we ALL will lose access and whatever good will exists with Ann (and there is plenty) will not be enough for us to keep from losing access. It will be beyond her decision making.

And Yes, setting an example to all the beginners who look to locals as a role model will help. Newbies learn by watching the local experts... and simply emulate what they see.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:35 am

Yuri, go for it!

I don't know how this good jesture and creative idea got so turned around but it's a shame.

While I could not tell you the last time I went to Crowne Beach, I do know that any kind jesture towards the parks is a good effort.

There is no way Anne will perceive this as "rubbing the lack of trash pick up in her face". The parks don't have the resources to pick all the glass up and it comes in with the tide every day. You and your woman have done a great job picking up glass and I'm sure it will be appreciated as a gift.

If anything, Anne will recognize that kiters do indeed give and not just take.

Don't let anyone get you down on the idea...go for it!

Riding for myself

THe above quote I find very interesting...
On one hand it seems so true... pure and simple, that's full-glass thinking!
On the other hand we have CAUTION speaking, I'm concerned about turning over the apple cart..

I personally know Anne AND, I REALLY like Anne, she always seemed straight forward... but something is going on in the Parks Dept, not all is what it seems. Perhaps it has NOTHING to do with Anne but after my last chat with her I got that walk-softly feeling.. You know what I'm talking about!

Now picking up glass is GREAT, Dont get me wrong!! Perhaps making a mosic and signing it WOULD be well receved. I REALLY dont know...
What I do know is that things sometimes get twisted around in peoples heads.. I think this is true becouse of the ALL the differances in people and there verous backgrounds... SURELY we each bring something different to the table, ALL good food for thought.

A way of adding to the good intent of your project might be to do a beach cleanup. I suggest YOU start a clean up day at Crown. I would help, I'm pretty sure many others will also. We can then load all the trash bags into a truck and deliver them to the Parks as a gesture of our commitment to the Parks, along with the trash YOU could present YOUR gift. Perhaps the local papers will cover the story and photo your presentation to Anne.
THAT my friend (AND I DO CONSIDER YOU MY FRIEND!) will earn you AND Alameda kiters some goodwill with the Parks AND the local people. Also your mosic will not be confused but rather it will be well recieved and perhaps serve as a momorial of kiters doing good deeds..

So you've got something to think about...
I will help you pick up trash when I get home if thats your decision.

Finally I want to say my last post was ment in jest, I think you know that! Stink bombs or not, your a good FUN loving guy, I just dont want to see you to trip over your own dick,
L.M.G.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:54 am

Ollie, can you erase this thread please? The milks gone bad! My aPpoLoGeeze

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:50 am

Yuri, no need to erase it.

LMG, great idea!

I did see your point and I don't know Anne but I never thought of anything but a good jesture when I read Yuri's idea. A good jesture is a good jesture and if someone takes it the wrong way, then they have their own issues. You and me both let our mouths do the thinking a lot of the time so sometimes I don't think how others with issues may perceive a things that are meant with nothing but good intentions. I have always thought that glass that washes up on beaches has transformed to something that is artistic and I personally would love to get something like the mosaic Yuri is talking about.

the clean-up day would just be icing on the cake and I think it would be a good thing for Ollie to organize.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...