Kiss ass tactics

Local weather resources and topics.
windhorny
Old School
Old School
Kiss ass tactics

Post by windhorny » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:29 pm

Tianna and I have been picking up glass for the last few months when we walk on the beach and have come up with a pretty good supply of it. My idea is to make a mosaic table out of it and give it to Anne from EBRPD as a gift from all of us kiters/windsurfers. So what I had in mind was to get as many of us to sign it as possible. Possibly when the season starts I will leave it at the shop and you can give it your John Hancock. I know she has been really helpful and supportive of keeping this sport alive for us at Crown Beach, so hopefully this might help buy us another hastle free season. :)

Yuri

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:50 pm

Wouldn't she rather have another helicopter? :mrgreen:
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:14 pm

Sure I'll chip in $20, you guys can take care of the other 10 mill. Seriously though, does this sound like a bad idea? I just thought it would be nice to let them know we appreciate their/her voice for us when those nasty meetings come up. Also, it is the only thng I can think of to do with the glass other than recycle it :shock:

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:45 am

That would be a nice gesture.
Perhaps a mosaic of the park logo or the park as seen from Google Earth...
...However...
The best way to maintian beach access is to
Keep the General Public Safe

So stay at least two kite lengths from the beach
Don't ride in front of the shack
and once your kite is launched immediately move into the water and body drag two kite lengths away from the beach...
Now that we have less beach then ever; keeping the walking path clear and kites out of the street will be more important than ever

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:18 am

and not walking your kite back up the beach in the air.
Narly1

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:19 am

Jeeze! I feel like I have 3 dads. I wouldnt make it to get a get out of jail free card.

Whats up with the sand anyways? the other day I saw the tractor floating in the water. Looked as though he was having a real hard time getting it back in. My guess is the tides arent coordinating with their work schedule, but that clump of sand has been there for almost a month now.

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:57 pm

Jeeze! I feel like I have 3 dads. I wouldnt make it to get a get out of jail free card.
hmmmmmmm
Why would that be? :-k

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:59 pm

hornyman, are you acting up again??
L.M.G.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:19 pm

I think I act up without acting up at all. Look at what just happened. Offer a gift and I am guilty of walking up the beach and not body dragging. And you wonder why I dont give a shite!

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:18 am

perhaps you dont see it... but from the eyes of some a "gift" made of broken glass, NO MATTER how wonderfull it's laid into a mosic might be viewed with some degree of contempt.
put yourself into the shoes of Ms. Rockwell; as a (EXCUSE ME) "THE" Parks Supp. recieving a "package" made from fragments of sharp objects found on the beach under your command, signed by SOME the very people you are supposed to be protecting form forseeable dangers might seem more like a BIG slap on the face then an art project expressing love and graditude. I know I'm kinda "sensitive" but personally I would think of it as evidence of my failure if I were her.

NOW, Is that a message you want to put out there?
Personally I've gotten to know you as a smart and likeable guy with a wicked sence of humor. She might jump to some other conclusion...

SO, after some contemplation I incourage you Complete and sign your project!. Then HANG it on YOUR OWN WALL where it can forever be a reminder TO YOU of just how LUCKY WE HAVE BEEN to have had a SANDY BEACH available to US to learn to kite board from.
I'd also like to suggest you use water-based glue from now on,
L.M.G.