Beep, beeep, beep, beeeep....calling all Charlies

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:30 pm

Ollie, when you land doing a loop like the one in the video here, are you landing as fast as it looks? I am more scared of pulling the trigger because of landing speed and keeping my board in front of me than anything else. I did 1 of about 5 loops I have ever actually completed while still in the air and I landed with a cracking sound in my back.

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:35 pm

Flip if you Never saw me kite n with ollie ..
it happens aLL the TiMe.
iam not so sorry, so ,so should you be.
did you see my lanuch...
!
?

horny..
ya its faster in real.
Narly1

narly1
Regular
Regular

Post by narly1 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:40 pm

o ah..
ollie might have been unhooked for that one...
Narly1

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:44 pm

Personally the fastest I have ever been is doing a simple transition but turning the kite down in stead of up and over. A 20 mph day on the 12 and I remember telling myself "ok, dont do that again" but it was fun. Another reason I hate wakeboarding-for you LMG.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:48 pm

Flip, thanks for the post. Today was tough and not that fun, very gusty and dangerous as every who was there saw. That clip was the best of it for sure, as most of it was pretty nasty even on an 8m kite.

Yuri, the landings are usually pretty hot, and very much so in strong wind. It may seem contrary, but hot kiteloop landings with a lot of forward trajectory are good, it means you've gotten your kite back up high, as opposed to crushing landings where the kite hasn't made it all the way back up yet and you're still getting pulled down onto the water...

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:35 am

glade to see my homies getting some...
looked like the direction was slightly offshore from the launch/hold-down video, that makes for some nasty ground effect.
Have fun!!!
L.M.G.

BTW: Yuri, hot laundings are great..unless you do what I did the other day. I think I'll call it a VAN-DAME!!
pOOped super hard going really-REALLY-REALLY fast- landed with back foot out... It was over before I knew it
(front foot ham-string in full streach mode, back leg buried in hurdlers streach tell hip pops out or something else breaks). I got lucky!
L.M.G. (aka Hop-Along)