I can do that...

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:16 pm

Those are fightin' words...
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

LionKite
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by LionKite » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:41 am

AntiJF wrote:Z, I think 99% of the riders are going to be riding wave twin tips once they get over the "Cool Factor" of having a surfboard.
These are the wise words of someone that can`t ride a surfboard, and/or can`t ride a wave.

Just the term "Wave TwinTip" is paradoxal.How many surfers do you see riding TT on waves (even tow-surfin)?
What has been tested in surfboards this last 50 years has been proven to work and helped pushing the limits of the sports (tow-in if 50ft surf to 10 seconds barrels).
Kite-Surf-boards are no different as the kite is just a vehicle to the wave, once on a wave a TT doesn`t have enough buoyancy,enough rail and no bite (even with big fins on).

The "cool factor" you refering to is all the Flatties(flat-water ridders) that are ordering 1000$ custom kiteSurfBoards to ride Sherman or Turd-Ave and never hit the coast.

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:48 am

Kinda like all the folks in the BA commuting in their 4WD pickups and SUVs who hit the Sierra once a year...

I'm hoping to be out in the waves today on my flattie.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:22 pm

I'm just hoping no-one is friggen stupid enough to step off the curb and jay-walk (making me miss another green light) while I'm driving my 6400lb all-time 4WD-SUV with it's shinny new crom-plated cattle guard. That thing is over-due to be splattered with something... :twisted:

Can you tell I havent gotten wet in a while? :axe:
L.M.G.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:27 am

Forgive me for sharing my little daydream here:

Imagine if you will Steve Irwin whispering as he narrates a documentary on the mating season of norcal surfers. As he walks up to the edge of a sand dune the camera secretly aims at the surfers on the beach and Steve, in his quiet aussie accent, says "ok, in order to watch the surfers in their natural environment were gonna have to find a way to piss em' off. I'm sending this outsider down to the beach to tell them their surfboards are obsolete, that oughta do the trick eh mate!" "Oh their really mad now." CRIKEY!

RichKite
Joey
Joey

Post by RichKite » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:47 am

And now Steve Irwin is dead - Crikey that Sting Ray didn't even raise a smile when I barbed tails are pretty redundent!!

K. Cliff
Regular
Regular

Post by K. Cliff » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:01 pm

RichKite wrote:And now Steve Irwin is dead - Crikey that Sting Ray didn't even raise a smile when I barbed tails are pretty redundent!!
I don't see the humor...... :-s