New kite that has ASS

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:49 am

Every year kite companies will have you believe that all kites that came before there newest kites are crap. Funny because the previous year they said the same thing. So are all new great kites future crap?? They should use the 8 knot min. If 4-5 knots is doable Alameda will be a rocking place!!!!
Don't get me wrong I'm like the best kites.....but 4 knots??? I hope they prove me wrong!!!
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:58 am

dewey wrote: They should use the 8 knot min. If 4-5 knots is doable Alameda will be a rocking place!!!!
Don't get me wrong I'm like the best kites.....but 4 knots??? I hope they prove me wrong!!!
I agree, first Cabrinha came out with a figure of 5 knots with the Contra, now Best says 4 knots....- we know it's just not possible. I say 8 minumum, even on "light wind" kites. Even if a kite could fly in 4-5 knots, when you have 4-5 knot winds you have lulls down to zero....

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:10 pm

so at the given rate it should be only 4 years before we are kitboarding indoors?

Blair

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:48 pm

Why not, you can ski & snowboard indoors:

http://images.google.com/images?q=ssaws ... gle+Search

Skydive indoors:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&l ... tnG=Search

The amount of space required for a kite would make it difficult, but couldn't you simulate the feeling with a specially designed cable park (having never kited or been to a cable park, not sure?)

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:54 pm

My dog just farted. Lay out the lines and pump that thing up!
Go bigga'

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:37 pm

fearlu wrote:My dog just farted. Lay out the lines and pump that thing up!
Pump up the dog or the kite? Dog farts are usually really bad, cats hardly ever fart, though... How big is the dog, probably sized more like a trainer kite?

Well, this Best BFK Ass 16m Kite will likely be taking the place of my 16m Nemesis, which is still in pristine shape, crisp and ripe for sale. Looking back over the 2004 season, there have indeed been enough occasions when light winds have been prevalent here or there and the regular 16m just wasn't enough, so I think I'd be justified in getting one of these. I feel like at 170lbs. (OK, maybe more during the holidays) with a lighter wind board, I just don't wan't anything bigger than a 16 anyway because if I can't make a go of it on my magic board on a 16, well, f**k it then anyway. So if this will turn an lightly powered tame 16 session into a powered, fun 16 session, it's worth it right there. That's priceless, right?

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:39 am

hell ya
happy xmiss to you!
i want one
stiff tips
whole lot o ass
small bladder
himmm nice
half the price of a contra
charlie

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:58 pm

and if it's only blowing 4 knots then your in like flin. hehehehehe Couldn't resist
Dewey