You must come to Tahoe this weekend!

Winter snowkiting topics and locations.
KillaHz
Resident
Resident
You must come to Tahoe this weekend!

Post by KillaHz » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:52 pm

The winds are cranking and 3 feet of snow due to hit the ground this week.

Should be a great snowkiting weekend.

Ozone is loading up the bus and coming out for the weekend. With some top snow riders and all the 05 gear, this is an opportunity to learn about the gear, Tahoe snow kiting and the sport itself.

I have hooked up some good deals with one of the hottest sports hotels in South Lake Tahoe.

Check out the details and let me know if you will be coming. I need to reserve rooms be Wednesday, the 8th.

http://www.1cps.net/ozone_tour_dec_04.htm ----->>>> Details
Last edited by KillaHz on Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:19 pm

Gabe is this the same demo that was slated for mid january?
How many are you expecting at this point?
If I wanted to meet you in the morning instead of staying in a room, how would I do that?
What gear should I bring?

Thanks,

Blair

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:34 pm

bdawg wrote:Gabe is this the same demo that was slated for mid january?
How many are you expecting at this point?
If I wanted to meet you in the morning instead of staying in a room, how would I do that?
What gear should I bring?

Thanks,

Blair
Hey Blair..this is the same demo although I think they may come back in Jan too after they see how good it is up here.

If you wanted to meet us, you should give me a call that morning on my cell which is on the news item on my website.

I will try to post here as to the locations every morning but as conditions change we may move around. Once we leave town, we don't really have cell reception unless the winds are east and we are on top of Red Lakes East facing Peak. We get reception there as long as we can see the Lake.
Gabe Brown

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:17 pm

It's coming...
...right for us!
Gabe Brown

zgur
Resident
Resident

what size kite in 100mp winds??

Post by zgur » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:52 am

Blew so hard last night, over 100 on the ridges. I know you don't kite in the heart of a storm.....sounds like most of the snow is windpacked due to big winds.

I can't wait to make it up there w/you and play in the snow. All my snow play to date includes either chair lifts or skins. Can't wait to add kites to the quiver.

Later, Z.

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:04 pm

I may be up in Truckee and will probably come down if 89 is clear.

What's the plan for the demo? I'm kiteless, so would I be able to watch from the sides, or would I have to be mobile? Is it going to be in a big open field or backcountry?

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Re: what size kite in 100mp winds??

Post by KillaHz » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:12 pm

zgur wrote:Blew so hard last night, over 100 on the ridges. I know you don't kite in the heart of a storm.....sounds like most of the snow is windpacked due to big winds.

I can't wait to make it up there w/you and play in the snow. All my snow play to date includes either chair lifts or skins. Can't wait to add kites to the quiver.

Later, Z.
Just finished shoveling over a foot of snow out of my driveway. Took over 2 hours. Light stuff down here. It's blowing 20 - 30. I've got a bout an hour of work I have to do, then it's down to the meadow for a lit up 9m session in over a foot of fresh.
Gabe Brown

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:14 pm

jjm wrote:I may be up in Truckee and will probably come down if 89 is clear.

What's the plan for the demo? I'm kiteless, so would I be able to watch from the sides, or would I have to be mobile? Is it going to be in a big open field or backcountry?
The demo is mobile. It all depends on conditions. We will be in the South shore. Some areas will be flat meadows, some hiking to ridge tops.

As far as kites go, I think you will need to demonstrate good kite control before they will demo you a kite. Foils are pretty durable, so just minimum skills will probably be required.
Gabe Brown

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:15 pm

Gabe,
If hiking is a potential this weekend would that mean that snowshoes are a requirement? If a person didn't have shoes i'm guessing they'd be making some sweet post holes in all the new snow?? Do you have an idea when the caravan is rollin' out of "the block"??

Thanks

Blair

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:34 pm

bdawg wrote:Gabe,
If hiking is a potential this weekend would that mean that snowshoes are a requirement? If a person didn't have shoes i'm guessing they'd be making some sweet post holes in all the new snow?? Do you have an idea when the caravan is rollin' out of "the block"??

Thanks

Blair
If we hike, snow shoes are nice but now a requirement. We will have a crew of people packing down a trail ahead so shouldn't be too bad.

Everything is really wind dependent, so I'm not sure what time we will be rolling out of The Block. Probably mid morning.
Gabe Brown