Bay Area Kiteboarding Winter Contest Complete Details

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:17 pm

Announcing the Bay Area Kiteboarding 1st Annual Winter Contest!

Contest open to U.S. Residents only, please.

You can put that Winter downtime to good use and help support and grow Bay Area Kiteboarding by submitting Articles for publication on the website. Articles can be about anything kiteboarding related - travel destinations, techniques, video or gear reviews, learning, choosing gear, preventing injuries, kiting experiences, how you started kiting, local spots, - anything goes! The contest will be in effect through January 31, 2005 when the winners will be announced. Winners to be picked by Random Drawing. Read the complete details below.

Post your articles anywhere on the site or submit your articles including any pictures to info@bayareakiteboarding.com.

Prizes are as follows:

Grand Prize: Best kiteboardng '04 12m Nemesis Kite
1st Prize: UltraNectar Waterpants, Kitefilm.com DVD, Bay Area Kiteboarding T-Shirt, KB Calendar, KB Mag Subscription & Current KB Issue
2nd Prize: UltraNectar Shorts, Bay Area Kiteboarding T-Shirt, Kitefilm.com DVD, KB Calendar, KB Mag Subscription & Current KB Issue
3rd Prize: UltraNectar T-Shirt, Bay Area Kiteboarding T-Shirt, Slingshot DVD, KB Calendar, KB Mag Subscription & Current KB Issue
4th Prize: Bay Area Kiteboarding T-Shirt, KB Calendar, KB Mag Subscription & Current KB Issue
5th Prize: Bay Area Kiteboarding T-Shirt, KB Calendar, KB Mag Subscription & Current KB Issue

Bay Area Kiteboarding T-Shirt design forthcoming!

Thanks to the following sponsors for making this possible:

Best Kiteboarding
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]Image[/align]

UltraNectar - A Multi Sport apparel company - "Wear The Feeling" - Athletic performance fashion. Give them a visit!

KiteFilm.com - "The complete kiteboarding guide" is an instructional video. This film teaches you everything you wanted to know and all the things you never even thought about. Mark Shinn is double worldchampion, and he guides you through all steps, from rigging your kite till jumping, doing spins and tricks and riding the big waves on Hawaii.

"Kitefilm.com is proud to present "Trick of the week"
Every week we will add a new trick from the film "The complete kiteboarding guide"." Check out the KiteFilm.com website!
ImageImage

The Kiteboarder Magazine - The excellent new kiteboarding mag, setting the standard. If you haven't already check out this great new mag, you can download it free at the KB Mag website Check it out!

ImageImage

Contest Details

1. Winners to be picked by Random Drawing.
2. Prizes will be available for pick-up within the San Francisco Bay Area or shipped within US.
3. Minimum of 5 contributors and overall total of 15 articles required. Of course, more is better!
4. Contest ends on January 31, 2005.
5. Help support Bay Area Kiteboarding! Good Luck!
Last edited by OliverG on Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:19 pm, edited 8 times in total.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:44 pm

Thanks to Charlie for getting this going with the first article submitted, well done! I'll be posting it shortly.

Entries to date:

Charlie Remail: My 2004 Season in Review
Blair Hickman: La Ventana Report
Beginner FAQ's
Kevin Kolahi: Kiteboarding Socialization
Allan Wiinamaki: Kiteboarding: Passion or Pass-Time?
L.M.G.: Winter Kiting in Treasure Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
Yoko Nishikubo: Kite Girls Summit
Dan Charlesworth: Sick Days Video Review
Alonso Vargas: Chicken Loop Maintenance and Improvement
Pipedragon: Wadell Creek the "KITEBEACH"
Sylvia Ernst: Desperate in Deutschland
How to rig lines on a 4 line kite
Bob Morrow: T-Day Road Trip
A Water Lesson
Last edited by OliverG on Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:46 am, edited 6 times in total.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:01 am

A new user who's learning suggested that a "Beginner Guide/FAQ to Kiteboarding" might be a useful article if anyone's up to it...

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:14 pm

C'mon people, let's get this rolling. I bet if any of the prizes were wind, you'd all be on it. The contest will be extended through January at any rate to give you all some more time and there may be even more prizes also!
Last edited by OliverG on Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:28 pm

A new user who's learning suggested that a "Beginner Guide/FAQ to Kiteboarding" might be a useful article if anyone's up to it...
Hey ollie and BAK users,

I'd like to take on the suggested article. So unless someone already started it. I'd like to piss on it and claim it.

Ollie could you ask that beginner or pm me specific questions that person aksed or had?

Thanks,

Blair

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:31 pm

bdawg wrote:
Hey ollie and BAK users,

I'd like to take on the suggested article. So unless someone already started it. I'd like to piss on it and claim it.

Ollie could you ask that beginner or pm me specific questions that person aksed or had?

Thanks,

Blair
Yes, you got it, no problem. I pm'ed you with the info. Go for it.

Ollie

skypilot
Joey
Joey

Post by skypilot » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:11 pm

Oliver,

You posted the contest on Skypilot (canadian website) - I sent in a review for the contest but I just noticed it is only open to U.S residents?

Is this the case...

Skypilot
www.skypilotkiteboarding.com

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:02 pm

Well, I think Canada is OK, I don't know if you'll have to pay any duties on it or anything. The main thing was that we didn't want to end having to pay shipping on items to Africa, Europe or beyond!

Good luck,
Oliver

skypilot
Joey
Joey

Post by skypilot » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:05 pm

I hear ya! I know that I looked into shipping a prize to Africa and it cost more to ship then the prize was worth...

If I am fortunate to win a prize I would be happy to cover the shipping costs.

Later

Dan

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:38 pm

skypilot wrote:I hear ya! I know that I looked into shipping a prize to Africa and it cost more to ship then the prize was worth...

If I am fortunate to win a prize I would be happy to cover the shipping costs.

Later

Dan
skypilot, what country are you talking about?

P.S: I think you should open the contest to the whole world. Just add a note saying that people living outside of the US will have to pay shipping in case they win. Just a sugestion...

Bye