Free babysitting during your next session

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
jowall
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Free babysitting during your next session

Post by jowall » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:08 pm

Thought #1
I donít get as much time on the water as I would like and I would surely take 1/2 a session over no session at all.

Thought #2
What would your wife (or husband) say if you said, ìhoney, Iím taking the kids off your hands for the afternoon, you should go shopping while I go kitingî??

Hereís the idea: Iím going to collect names and pair up riders who would like to take turns riding and watching each otherís kids.

Just email me with:
ï your name & email
ï age & gender of kid(s)
ï where you usually ride
ï experience level

If at least a few people respond, then Iíll start a weekly email on Thursday after the forecasts are up asking who is looking for kiting sharecare that weekend. If you are kiting that weekend, Iíll try to pair you up with someone else.

Iím willing to bet that many kiters are also parents.

-John

john delete_this_part @johnwallace.us

gomez72
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by gomez72 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:15 pm

Hey John great idea, I have a 2 1/2 year old going thrue the terrible 2's like you wouldn't believe, If i told my wife that i will go kiting and taking the kid!

I dont know what she would do?

I would pay you to take care of my kid.

Kawika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kawika » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:26 am

Dude, you are a Saint! =D> That's a super idea.

I have a 7.5-year-old Pokemon trainer who gets along great with other kids. Once I get fully entrenched in this sport, I might join the KiteKid Network. 8)

cheers,

David

marin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marin » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:58 am

Great idea. I have a 5 and 7 year old that love playing at the beach. I will email you my info.

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:43 pm

Alex and Brian are on the water a fair amount, but Scott, at 6, is mostly hanging with Zev's daughter at Sherman. We will all be there for the long weekend....

Bob

mayhem
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by mayhem » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:42 pm

I think this is a great idea! I've tried organizing something like this a couple of years ago with no success, but now there are more kiters... We have a 5 year old daughter, that would love to hang out with other kids her age while my husband and I took turns kiting/babysitting. We usually ride at 3rd, but sometimes go to Sherman and Alameda on weekends. We live in San Jose.

Thanks,

Mayhem