How many times kiting in November?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
How many times kiting in November?

Post by OliverG » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:16 am

:( It hasn't been too great a month for kiting, but...

When did you kite last? :?:
Last edited by OliverG on Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:47 pm

with you in early november
for 1,5 hours at o.b on 16m kites
had a ball!
hell it seems so long ago
charlie

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:31 pm

you need to ass a 0 option in the pole. That's me a big fat zero.

Dewey
Dewey

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:30 pm

More days than not.

The beauty of snow...don't need a whole lot of wind.

ALso caught 4 days on the coast and in the bay around Thanksgiving. Had to work hard and drive a lot for them...but nice to get in the water.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:55 pm

Yeah, I got a day this last Sunday on the bay....but I'm going to Maui next Thursday, so I'm not going to complain. Unless there's no wind on Maui of course.

Gabe, did you head down to Montera?

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:34 am

BayAreaKite wrote:Yeah, I got a day this last Sunday on the bay....but I'm going to Maui next Thursday, so I'm not going to complain. Unless there's no wind on Maui of course.

Gabe, did you head down to Montera?
Yeah, we drove all over the place. Montera we hit on Friday Morning...Macking swell and marginal 9m wind. We hit a couple other spots along the coast including one spot in Pacifica and OB. 3rd ave was the venue for Sunday...very cold water and more onshore wind. I'm over it for this year...I'll stick to my snow and get my tropical trips in...just too much driving for spotty conditions at this time of year.

Going back to the islands Ollie? Are you working out there or just starting to realize the importance of vacations?
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

zgur
Resident
Resident

Nov kiting

Post by zgur » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:51 pm

Over a dozen days....lots of miles driven to earn those fine minutes of bliss.....need more......let er blow, and the work to mellow the F out....waddell is going for second day in a row, and I'm swamped at work.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:19 pm

Yeah, we drove all over the place. Montera we hit on Friday Morning...Macking swell and marginal 9m wind. We hit a couple other spots along the coast including one spot in Pacifica and OB. 3rd ave was the venue for Sunday...very cold water and more onshore wind. I'm over it for this year...I'll stick to my snow and get my tropical trips in...just too much driving for spotty conditions at this time of year.

Going back to the islands Ollie? Are you working out there or just starting to realize the importance of vacations?
Yeah I'll be working out; doing 12 oz. curls after kiting as much as possible. :supz: I'll probably be running my measly 3 miles every morning also, which I only manage to do one or two times a week here...or did you mean pumping Iron like Arnold?

Nah, I know what you mean...no work, just taking the time to do some vacations. Life is short, and although in the last couple years we've taken a couple of cool trips, like roadtrips and Europe and stuff, this last year has had a heavy kiting emphasis. Which can be tricky with the wife, but she is pretty cool about it. For Costa Rica, I'm going solo, so it'd be cool to have some of the boys down there, but some people without naming names (charlie) don't want to have to get their passports. They'll be some folks down there though and I might just stay in the Kite House, which is a shared thing and would be fun.

So how was the water at 3rd colder than the Coast?

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Re: Nov kiting

Post by OliverG » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:23 pm

zgur wrote:Over a dozen days....lots of miles driven to earn those fine minutes of bliss.....need more......let er blow, and the work to mellow the F out....waddell is going for second day in a row, and I'm swamped at work.
Zeev, what's your work situation and what do you think will be the wind situation for Thursday down there? Or Friday for that matter? Let's hit it... :?:

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:16 am

ollie
you remember the frist time you went to the coast.
now look at you
charlie