Add a wiki to the site?

News Messages which are displayed on the mainpage.
jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin
Add a wiki to the site?

Post by jjm » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:23 pm

This might be more effort than it's worth, but maybe adding a wiki to the site would be cool?

If you're not familiar with a wiki, and this might not be the best description, it's a site that allows multiple users to add and modify content in a collaborative fashion. Articles can reference each other. Might be a better way of organizing content than using forums.

Take a look at wikipedia's article on Kiteboarding (redirects to Kitesurfing):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiteboarding

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:40 pm

I checked out that site, pretty cool. I see how wiki's can be a useful way of publishing content. With the exception of actively modifying or editing someone else's content, you can do pretty much everything else here.

For instance, you can post an article, upload images, or reference images from another site, upload images, include links, and reference other articles by linking to their url's. You can edit your own posts at any time. In posts here you can also include Flash, Real Media, Windows Media, Quicktime Media, any amount of text formatting options, Polling options, smilies, icons, calendar events, news items and much more.....all the options and features are there when you create a post.

What I will be implementing soon are Blogs, or Web Logs. Any user of the board can create one and it can be used for anything - as online diary of sorts, or kite log, or whatever. But I'm always open to suggestions....