Can someone help me break down the cost of getting started?

San Francisco Bay Area kiteboarding lessons, learning and support.
andrew
Joey
Joey

Post by andrew » Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

confused is me....so different than deciding (and shaping) my new 6'6" for OB Fall....but I'm humble! Total respect to all you who have done the work. It's truly impressive. I so dearly want to fly! I only wish I had the unlimited cash...is it me or is it hard to make it flush in the Bay Area? Anyhowz, I'm socking it away. I've got the $400 for intro, and a grand for my set and then I'm tapped for quite a while. I need to buy the gear that will take me into a few levels of progression ie, I'm not the kind of guy to start surfing and ride a funshape for more than 2 weeks.....and I'll underscore humble once again, because there's not enough of it out there!
peace

Don Bogardus
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Don Bogardus » Mon May 29, 2006 10:46 pm

Here's something tasty: I have a 2006' North Rhino 14M kite,
ridden about 6 times, never touched water, $375. kite only,
(pump, but no bar/lineset).
Perfect for Alameda, If you do not weigh more than 180lbs.
Don Bogardus 1-510-847-7619, Instructor @ The Shack

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Tue May 30, 2006 2:23 pm

andrew wrote:confused is me....so different than deciding (and shaping) my new 6'6" for OB Fall....but I'm humble! Total respect to all you who have done the work. It's truly impressive. I so dearly want to fly! I only wish I had the unlimited cash...is it me or is it hard to make it flush in the Bay Area? Anyhowz, I'm socking it away. I've got the $400 for intro, and a grand for my set and then I'm tapped for quite a while. I need to buy the gear that will take me into a few levels of progression ie, I'm not the kind of guy to start surfing and ride a funshape for more than 2 weeks.....and I'll underscore humble once again, because there's not enough of it out there!
peace
Just an idea. Kiters are always into getting a good wave kiteboard. So if you do shape boards you may be able to get a gear trade going. Also I have kites bar and lines for sale. Good quaility and performance as well and cheap. Your best to start with a 12m. It is the most common kite and in a Bow you would have tons of range so it could be your only kite with practice. There are many seasoned kiters that only have a 12m. I have a 12 m Naish X3 and 16M X4 and Bar and lines that I would give you a good deal on. Let me know.