charlies montra

Local weather resources and topics.
Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Thu May 25, 2006 1:53 pm

Dude, I'm shoveling as fast as I can. I KNOW it's windy, okay, it's been blowin' in my face all day. All I said was that it isn't hot.

I'm outta here at 4 to catch the sunset sesh. Thank god for daylight savings. =D>
Paul

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu May 25, 2006 2:38 pm

Dude I'm in Antioch waiting to be interviewed with the wind blowing outside. I don't even know if the interview will happen. Last I heard was how far are you from Berekely...opps I got to go. That was two hours ago!!!! I want to be on the beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dewey

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu May 25, 2006 9:47 pm

felx baby flex...
flex....
charlie

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu May 25, 2006 10:53 pm

Today was very good at Alameda so I just want to say thanks. Thanks for good wind, good friends, an awesome sport and quick healing. It should be a great weekend.

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Fri May 26, 2006 7:13 am

Not much reason to head east for wind this weekend if you're anywhere near the bay or ocean. Wind yesterday at SI was about the gustiest I've ever ridden there and it's gonna get worse for the weekend. (I wasnj't the only person who noticed, either. Dewey, any comments?)

Might be a good place to do range testing on a bow kite, though.

I'll be heading west for my weekend kiting. Sounds like Alameda might be the place to ride out this storm?
Paul

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri May 26, 2006 7:23 am

Paul,

Now you're just being negative. Zeev said it's going to be good, so it's going to be good, OK? It just needs a day to smooth out...

It was good on the Bay, though...

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Fri May 26, 2006 8:01 am

Pablito wrote:Not much reason to head east for wind this weekend if you're anywhere near the bay or ocean. Wind yesterday at SI was about the gustiest I've ever ridden there and it's gonna get worse for the weekend. (I wasnj't the only person who noticed, either. Dewey, any comments?)

Might be a good place to do range testing on a bow kite, though.

I'll be heading west for my weekend kiting. Sounds like Alameda might be the place to ride out this storm?
I wouldn't say it was too gusty yesterday, but the ones that came in were about 10 mph over the average. I was out on my 10m unzipped with my 120 LMG and when the wind picked up I was OP'd. There were also plenty of holes. I'm going back today!!!!! Maybe eariler before it really picks up. I haven't flown the 13m in over 2 weeks.
Dewey

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Fri May 26, 2006 8:13 am

Ollie,
Silly Wabbit, kicks are for trids! BTW: nice 20foot powered kite-loops, You faker!! Thank god, I arrived just in time to find you recouperating......

MMMMmmm! I smell doughnuts,
Limm

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Fri May 26, 2006 8:20 am

Also, Take a close look at that photo of the guy "resting up", its non other then our own little Tiny-Tim, Mr. Olliver Govers!
AAh- I wonder how he's feeling today??,
Limp Bisket- Boyington

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri May 26, 2006 8:35 am

Tiny Tim? A novelty act? I did a search on him and found this: "Perhaps the inherent oddness of the "Tiny Tim" act made it difficult for audiences to appreciate what the man, Herbert Khaury, was doing". I don't understand?

But I can say that breaking in with a mellow session Wednesday at Berkeley and following up with yesterday at Alameda has been good therapy, both mentally and physically. I'm hoping for a good weekend "resting up."