Sherman Island - Memorial Day Weekend?

Local weather resources and topics.
OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu May 25, 2006 8:28 am

Hmm, might need to spend the weekend at the Delta with a daytrip out to the Coast for good measure!

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu May 25, 2006 9:12 am

Crist the whole Bay Area is going to smell like doughnuts, just when I figured I'll be smelling some sweat around the shop. Perhaps your fuel shortage will spur some more action... Last time I looked diesal was running $3.50 g.
L.M.G.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu May 25, 2006 9:21 am

GREG

Speaking of Turbo Diesels, what the hell did you do yesterday that you had to bring in your kite? All I know is I swooped under you to see you 15 feet in the air in somekind of unhooked rotation, then a board flies off and day over?

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu May 25, 2006 9:24 am

L.M.G. wrote:Crist the whole Bay Area is going to smell like doughnuts, just when I figured I'll be smelling some sweat around the shop. Perhaps your fuel shortage will spur some more action... Last time I looked diesal was running $3.50 g.
L.M.G.
Yes, the whole knee injury thing was a major setback, but things are looking much better now! By the end of the month, bro! =D>

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Thu May 25, 2006 9:59 am

Plus, another reason to go to the delta is the Swap on Sunday.

Bring all your old gear as there will be plenty of newbe's like me that need some good, cheep stuff..

Come on down to "The Sign" 10am Sun.

Rich
Rich "ATOM" Baum

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu May 25, 2006 1:24 pm

Windhorny,
I'd have to call that a powered kiteloop backflop to full windage (knocked the breath out of me) finished off with a stagging standup with simi-inversion.
Thankfully my kite was finished at about the same time as me...
To ansure your question: What I was trying to do was a very low level fully-powered kiteloop W/ backroll 540. Doing them unhooked seems more fun and might be a little less dangerous but frankly when you get yarded straight onto your back your pretty well gassed no matter what,
L.M.G.