Found: Syringe at Pt Emery (and Windwing bag)

Reunite gear with owners here.
Sander
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Found: Syringe at Pt Emery (and Windwing bag)

Post by Sander » Mon May 22, 2006 11:43 am

I found a syringe at Pt Emery yesterday (Sunday May 21). It was stuck into a log near the turnaround. Not the first syringe I've found at that place and it bums me out how trashy our launch is. I try to pick up some trash every time I go there, but there is a seemingly infinite supply. The annual spring clean is great and all, but is there anything we can do as a community to improve the place further? Does our mere presence help to dislocate the druggies and polluters from the area? Can we petition the State Parks for more better cleanups? Maybe we can all just continue to chip away at the trash item by item...Anyway, if the needle is yours and you want it, I left it in the log...

Oh yeah, and I found a Windwing kite bag in the parking lot. Holler if you want it back (510) 520 1816.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Mon May 22, 2006 3:02 pm

Yuck.
Last edited by fearlu on Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go bigga'

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm

I work right over here at Point Emmery and I can say that our presence has helped a lot. I sometimes go there for lunch and I would not have in the past. I think the more people that are there the better as this scares off the drugies to the park.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Mon May 22, 2006 7:27 pm

thats my baG
charlie

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Mon May 22, 2006 10:27 pm

Fuck that! I say the government should give us a 5% return fore every head we snipe who trashes anyplace! Be it a druggie or a fisherman, anyone who leaves a freakin syringe on a beach should be publicly stoned.