Alex Caviglia Passes On

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
ricki
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Alex Caviglia Passes On

Post by ricki » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:37 am

Alex Caviglia, accomplished windsurfer and kiteboarder, former president and founder of Adventure Sports, Inc., the North and South American distributors for Cabrinha, Neil Pryde, Bic and Tiga, died in hospital Saturday, November 13, 2004.

Alex suffered a severe head injury in a kiteboarding accident one year ago. Alex fought hard to recover, and was able to express his love for his family and friends before he left us. Alex is survived by his wife, Silvia and his children Bianca and Michael.

I would like to extend my sincere feelings of loss and regret for the passing of this well known and liked man. I wish strength and solace to the Cavigilas and their many friends in this sad time of loss.

Silvia Caviglia requests that in lieu of flowers, that donations be made in memory of her husband Alex to "Alex's Bluewater Foundation." The "Alex's Bluewater Foundation" is a non-profit charitable foundation currently being formed to benefit victims of watersports related injury. Additional information regarding this foundation will be posted shortly.

Donations may be sent to:

Alex's Bluewater Foundation
c/o Silvia Caviglia
5724 SW 131 TERRACE
MIAMI, FL 33156

Services will be held at:

St. Louis Catholic Church
7270 S.W. 120th Street
Pinecrest, FL 3315

With the viewing from 4 to 5 pm and mass from 5 to 6 pm on Thursday, November 18, 2004. There will be a burial at sea at 2 pm, Saturday, November 20, 2004.

* This time of year, particularly November, brings periods of strong winds and a sad legacy of accidents for kiteboarders throughout the world. Please be careful out there.

FKA, Inc.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:11 am

Thanks for the post Rick - I don't know why more people don't wear helmets.... :(