Beginner Going to Alameda

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.
Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!
Fish
Joey
Joey
Beginner Going to Alameda

Post by Fish » Thu May 11, 2006 6:23 pm

I am hoping to go to Alameda Both Saturday and Sunday of this weekend. I have had my water lessons will be picking up my kite and riding. Looking for some guidence and to make some new friends in the sport. Going to be an awesome weekend.

Fish

Anthony Conti
Joey
Joey

Alameda this weekend

Post by Anthony Conti » Fri May 12, 2006 11:03 am

I'll be at Alameda this weekend also. I am newbie too so can't help you out with pointers. Hopefully, we will get some good wind this weekend . 13 is my biggest kite so far.

-A

clints
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by clints » Fri May 12, 2006 11:48 am

Just show up there this weekend. There are plenty of beginners and season riders there all the time that are both friendly and helpful. Don't be intimidated and ask questions or help when in doubt. Just remember to read and follow the launch guidelines.

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Fri May 12, 2006 12:51 pm

Hey Fish:
You are really making progress!
Just ask for some regulars at the beach, they will almost always be willing to help check your lines or launch you. - As questions if you are not sure.- Everyone there wants a safe beach.
Much much better to go slowly seek out clarification and be safe. Before you even pick up your bar to launch revisit your safety systems in your mind and with muscle memory...
If its your first time with your new kite it might be a good idea to leave the board on the beach and just go for a body drag down the beach and finish by practicing with your safety and self rescue techniques...
Then enjoy the walk of shame, grab your board, (body drag with your board extended in front of you) away from the beach and launch area and send it!~