New "Golf" Kite Travel Bag

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
New "Golf" Kite Travel Bag

Post by OliverG » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:12 pm

Hmm, this looks pretty suitable. I already bought an NSI bag, but this one is the same price, but adds backpack straps and compartments, which the NSI bag doesn't have. When I bought the NSI bag, this one wasn't available, but for the same price, this one appears to offer more bang for your buck. Get all the info on it by clicking here.

"Travel in BEST style and comfort with our new Golf Inspired Gear Bag. Everything you need in one pack! Cut down on board bag fees at the airport! No more ticket agent hassles! All the BEST features include back pack straps and pull handles, convenient compartments, and wheels to make all your transitions smoothly. Get the best Golf Bag and get going to your favorite kite paradise!"

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:30 pm

I tried both bags, and the Best golf bag is far less quality than the NSI version. Zippers, material, straps, wheels etc overall and inferior (from quality perspective) product.
In addition, when put next to each other, you barely see the best golf sign, vs. the NSI where the GOLF is very predominant.
Finally the fact that it's not black makes it look less golf-like.
Just my view after testing both products. The person who designs the best accessories is a close friend and I have shared my inputs with him already - they might redesign it in the future (?)
Cheers,
Live2KITE

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:30 am

Right on. Good to hear from someone with a hands-on review. The Best bag looks better on paper, touting more features, but from what you say, it sounds like the NSI bag is built better. Makes me glad I got the NSI bag. It's been to South Padre, Kauai and on loan to a friend to La Ventana and it still looks brand-new. No extra charges yet either!

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:41 am

Same experiences on the bag also.
We have sold 100s and there hasn't been a single charge with the airlines!
Impressive.
In addition, we have a rental program for the kiters who travel once in a while. Interesting to check out.
Happy travels.
Live2KITE
:P

feixaq
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by feixaq » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:44 am

Hey Evan,

I used the NSI Deceiver bag on my recent trip to La Ventana and it worked great, no questions asked :)

-- Chris

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:30 pm

Hey Chris,
Great news! The bag has trully delivered in every single case!
We are planning for an editorial regarding travel gear so stay tuned to that.
Did anyone get out yesterday? How about tomorrow moring?
Ciao,
Live2KITE

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:48 pm

Live2KITE wrote:Hey Chris,
Great news! The bag has trully delivered in every single case!
We are planning for an editorial regarding travel gear so stay tuned to that.
Did anyone get out yesterday? How about tomorrow moring?
Ciao,
Live2KITE
Yes, I was able to hit Alameda for a solid 1 1/2 session on a 13 in somewhat gusty up and down conditions, but it was well worth it. Cold too! Taylor showed and got in about 45 minutes and then it started dying. Then Dave C. and Greg J. and maybe one or two more people showed up, but unfortunately, it petered out...

After only two sessions in November, I needed the warm-up session yesterday as I'm off to Maui for a week Thursday morning. John St. John, a Sherman and Berkeley kiter, is heading there tomorrow for his first trip, so I'll probably hook up with him for a few sessions. Kanaha is awesome, but Kihei can blow great too, and kiting is right outside the back door there.

For the last week, winds have been pretty good, but it is December and anything can happen. I pray that the winds continue!

Kihei

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:25 pm

I've kited in Kihei when the wind clocks too North and had a great time. If it's NE, make the drive--you'll be glad you did. With the new "freeway" it's only 20 minutes anyway-- half the time to Sherman!

I like your grass rigging area, hopefully Ma and Pa Kettle from the "Bush" States won't insist on helping land your kite!

Oh, did I mention YOU SUCK for having a far better vacation schedule than I do? :butthead:
Go bigga'

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:39 pm

Haha,

That reminds me of the last time I was rigging there. There was an old couple there and the wife was eyeing me suspiciously for a while, don't know why, but she surely was. The man was kind of interested in what I was doing and after a while he stood up and asked in a hearty, jovial manner, "Want me to throw that thing up for you!?" I was like, "No thank you, I've got it!"

And there is no shortage of Ma and Pa Kettle's there. Most visitors on the green are watching and shielding their eyes from the sun exclaiming, "What the hell's that?!" Then when you come in, you surrounded like an American in Bombay dressed in white linens handing out dollar bills. But it's all good, though. Then I can do my routine... "Gather round, allow me to demonstrate."

The cool thing about kiting in places like that is that even if you suck, everyone's hooting and hollering like you're Martin Vari!

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:25 am

The NSI bag came through once again! Even funnier, on the way back from Maui I checked in my bags - I set them all under the counter - the NSI bag and two stuffed kite bags, one with an 11m, helmet and bar and a 16m bag stuffed with a 7m and 9m.

He tagged the first two bags filled with kites and said, "What's in these?" I replied, "Traction kites." Then with the NSI bag, he said, "What's in this one?" I replied straightfaced, "Golf clubs."
Last edited by OliverG on Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.