killer wind all weeend ahead

Local weather resources and topics.
zgur
Resident
Resident
killer wind all weeend ahead

Post by zgur » Thu May 04, 2006 8:37 pm

We truly live in a killer place, if you like steady wind every day. You just have to pick your spots right. So what's on tap next few days??

Fri - Sherman continues to rock. Berkely, which I heard was solid today, could deliver another good day. Coast has chance later in day.

Sat - Sherman keeps on rocking, maybe a notch less wind. 3rd and Crissy get fired up. The coat comes fully on, with a nice swell thing happening. NOTE: if you go to the coast, make sure you know wave rules, as these swells are going to be very nice and the locals are hungry for the goods. Most important, person riding the wave has right of way: if you are going out and someone is "coming at you" on the wave, turn arond and go back to shore to give them a clean line. Good karma will follow you....

Sun - pretty much a repeat of Sat. Pass the advil, or whatever your medecine of choice is ;-)

We live in the promised land. Honor it. Get some. Give thanks.

Z.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu May 04, 2006 9:08 pm

Z,

Thanks for the forecast info. Was good to see you today, too bad I had to head out so quick, the cake and salad looked good! Are you doing Coastal or Sherman Saturday?

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu May 04, 2006 9:47 pm

To many powered days in a row. What a problem... right? Taking tomorrow off and gone a hit the weekend. Yesterday way lit on the 13m, today lit on the 10m.
Dewey

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Fri May 05, 2006 6:12 am

Who was it who said "Mike Godsey has never been to Sherman Island"?

Ikite forecast for low teens today and it's already blowing 19.
Paul

dakine1
Regular
Regular

KILLER WIND ALL WEEKEND!!

Post by dakine1 » Fri May 05, 2006 6:54 am

May the games begin!!! =D>

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Fri May 05, 2006 7:50 am

CUL8R@SI

Got whip?
Go bigga'

zgur
Resident
Resident

If I were to kite

Post by zgur » Fri May 05, 2006 7:59 am

I would be going to the coast. S. swell and good wind - amazing combination. It will be photo worthy this weekend.

.....I have all summer long to play @ SI. The coast to me is like powder skiing and SI is like a good groomer.....which is why you hear all this talk of "sliders" at SI......you don't hear people talking about parks on powder runs....on the other hand, places like Boreal, who have flat groomed terrain are park/slider heaven......Mayabe it's a sign that I'm getting old, I just don't get why you want to put a slider @ SI - I love the butter flat water behind the thules, when I want veriety, I have miles of river to find swells.....just an old fart I guess.....

Don't get me wrong, SI is a great spot and has a very fond place in my heart. The crew at SI makes it very special. The conditions are just the icing on the cake.

Get some, Z.

dakine1
Regular
Regular

KILLER WIND THIS WEEEND!!!

Post by dakine1 » Fri May 05, 2006 9:34 am

You are an old fart Z, but we still love ya. See ya on the water, wherever that might be.

ED/OUT 8)

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Re: If I were to kite

Post by pipedragon » Fri May 05, 2006 10:37 am

zgur wrote:I would be going to the coast. S. swell and good wind - amazing combination. It will be photo worthy this weekend.

.....I have all summer long to play @ SI. The coast to me is like powder skiing and SI is like a good groomer.....which is why you hear all this talk of "sliders" at SI......you don't hear people talking about parks on powder runs....on the other hand, places like Boreal, who have flat groomed terrain are park/slider heaven......Mayabe it's a sign that I'm getting old, I just don't get why you want to put a slider @ SI - I love the butter flat water behind the thules, when I want veriety, I have miles of river to find swells.....just an old fart I guess.....

Don't get me wrong, SI is a great spot and has a very fond place in my heart. The crew at SI makes it very special. The conditions are just the icing on the cake.

Get some, Z.
Z, where you gonna be? I'm heading to Halfmoon bay tommorow morning but may head down to Waddel in chase of wind and waves. Let me know.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Fri May 05, 2006 11:19 am

and now SI is 13...

go ez men its a long season...

ill defend z too if he starts to miss a call or two,.
not that he needs it ,
remember weather changes.
charlie