Wind heads up

Local weather resources and topics.
dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:00 pm

lacasaverde wrote:Did anyone get to SI? How was it? I had an unexpected client and couldn't make it. :(
You were lucky. We got skunked.
Dewey

gomez72
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by gomez72 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:10 pm

Hey Z
Just put all this info on a pager, Send it to me, update it daily, and charge my CreditCard once a year., Because the service iam paying for at this time doesnt come close.

Hope you are doing well
Robert

zgur
Resident
Resident

Giving back

Post by zgur » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:02 pm

Robert - since I can't create beach/water stoke at this time, I thought a good way to give back to the kite community is to share my "forecast guestimates".

I'm making steady progress to getting back to 100%. At about 50% now....recovery sure is painful at times - but heck, at least I'm here to recover.

Looking forward to seeing you on the water.

Z Grateful 1.

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:20 am

Stay away from the Delta until Saturday; maybe Friday night. North wind is going to kill the westerlies today and tomorrow. Weekend looks good, then North winds come back with a vengeance early next week.

Hope to see you on the beach Sunday, Z.
Paul

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:25 am

i love it when you talk like that paul.
charlie

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:35 am

Yeah, and you don't even have to pay me. So check out the difference between Godsey's Long term forecast and the NWS Sacto forecast (who by the way don't even get paid to care about wind)

IKITE:
Saturday:
Expanding thermal trough over interior CA this weekend may weaken the pressure gradient keeping the best winds to the immediate coast and sites near gaps in the coast range leaving East Bay and Sherman with lighter conditions. Bodega and Tomales should hit midr teens. Crissy, Treasure Island, Coyote and 3rd. Ave. into upper teens. The Stick is gusty and shifty in the upper teens. Palo Alto mid to teens. Alameda low teens. Sherman PM hits mid teens.

NWS Sacto:
A height rise of around 8 decameters along with a building north to south
surface pressure gradient ought to support at least some kind of
warming. As the low moves east and the ridge continues to build,
an on-shore gradient should manifest Friday which could moderate
maximum temperatures in the locations directly affected by Delta
breezes.

So Ikite is still forecasting decent wind today at Sherman when it should be obvious that northerly flow is killing it; and seeming to ignore that when it gets hot enough sometime tomorrow in the Valley (Damn, it's hot enough already!) the flow is going to shift to the W and the Delta is going to go off by Saturday morning at the latest. If the Delta Breeze reaches Sacto by Friday night, Sherman will be nuking.
Paul

gray38off
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gray38off » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:45 pm

so..in newbie speak, what spots on bay will blow fri? I go to work at 8pm

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:00 pm

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 903 PM PDT THU APR 27 2006 ...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT PDT TONIGHT NORTH OF THE BAY BRIDGE...
.TONIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...EASING TO 5 TO 15 KT OVERNIGHT. STRONGEST WINDS NORTH OF THE BAY BRIDGE. PATCHY FOG DEVELOPING AFTER MIDNIGHT.
.FRI...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY MORNING FOG. .FRI NIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...EASING TO 5 TO 10 KT OVERNIGHT. PATCHY FOG. .
SAT...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY MORNING FOG. .SAT NIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...EASING TO 5 TO 10 KT OVERNIGHT. PATCHY FOG.
.SUN...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY MORNING FOG.
.MON AND TUE...W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING HOURS. PATCHY NIGHT AND MORNING FOG.
lets hope that forcast pans out
charlie

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:17 pm

Bull- shiz-NOT!,
TWaz not blow'n this monin,
It sho ante blow'n 2nite,

As long as we got enough wind to do the down-winder....,
I'm Happy:
Greg

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:12 am

limm
whats that you say
you didnt get to play..?
you better get next to me today!

or stay at home make n hay.
iam pertty sure ill be out at hislordships this afternoon.
charlie