S.C.A.

Local weather resources and topics.
charlie
Old School
Old School
S.C.A.

Post by charlie » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:49 am

i just love this stuff...
any time i see S.C.A. i got to go play...

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 322 AM PDT SUN APR 23 2006
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON PDT TODAY THROUGH THIS EVENING...
.TODAY...W TO SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS TO 30 KT DURING THE AFTERNOON. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
.TONIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...DECREASING TO 5 TO 15 KT BY MIDNIGHT. .MON...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT DURING THE AFTERNOON. .MON NIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...DECREASING TO 5 TO 15 KT BY MIDNIGHT. PATCHY FOG AND DRIZZLE. .
TUE...W TO SW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS. .WED AND THU...W TO NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...STRONGEST EACH AFTERNOON.
charlie

zgur
Resident
Resident

So early on Sunday

Post by zgur » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:35 am

You Charlie - brother, it's Sunday....don't you sleep in???

Based on pressure gradients this morning, if it warms up just a little bit and z fog burns off to about the gate - it will be a really nice wind day today. The delta is already doing it's thing....Go get it!!!

Good winds, Z.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:02 am

Good mornning Z
I hope All is Well...
i did sleep in today...?
iam with you brother, i hope the sun comes out too.
and ya the tules show n 19 !!
maybe i need to get out there....?

Zeev
i keep think n about the time last year when we were out in the tules...
and you were Cutting a new path into the tules...on starboard,
and would boots out of the jungle...you left a path sooo wide that fearlu could ride init.
sweet day remember?..
byro took picture later in the day.
speedy recovery
charlie

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:13 am

Charle
And the ebb is starting about 1pm!!!
Dewey

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:16 am

i dont need no stink n ebb...
it makes it nice but ...
what i need is that 20 its show n right noW!
charlie

zgur
Resident
Resident

Fond memories

Post by zgur » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:28 am

Charlie,

Thanks for the kind words about getting better. Yes, I remember that butter day very well. The water was warm and flat, I was perfectly powered on a 10m kite, the body was healthy as can be.......the good old days. I'm looking forward to those days again - not far.

You know, it's quite amazing how your frame of reference - how you view the world - changes when you can't pick up your 11month old son due to pain. It sounds trite, but you really do start to appreciate little things in life like - being able to sleep, get out of bed, walk up stairs.....next time you are not happy with you last session, don't forget the big picture, you were able to have a session.

This picture continues to remind me of that sweet day and motivate me through the painful physical therapy. http://www.norcalkite.com/rio/target3.html

Z Grateful 1.
Attachments
Railey at Sherman.jpg
Railey at Sherman.jpg (12.07KiB)Viewed 9553 times

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:49 am

ya baby.. that day
i just got to say that i dont know how you were able to cut a path into the jungle ...
every time i tuch tules or sand with my board... i face plant hard...
then drag for a bit try n to figure out wTf..
and i do count my blessing.. for with out the bad session, i wouldnt know the good ones..?
charlie

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:22 am

more..
i hope some of this comes on in .
and there not just talk n about the delta.

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 240 AM PDT MON APR 24 2006 ...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THIS EVENING...
.TODAY...W TO SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 30 KT DURING THE AFTERNOON. .
TONIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...DECREASING TO 10 TO 15 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. PATCHY FOG AND DRIZZLE. .TUE..
.W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT DURING THE MORNING...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS TO 30 KT DURING THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
.TUE NIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...DECREASING TO 10 TO 15 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS. .
WED...W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT DURING THE MORNING...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS TO 30 KT DURING THE AFTERNOON. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
.THU AND FRI...W WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...EXCEPT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING HOURS. PATCHY NIGHT AND MORNING FOG.
seems like a windy week come n ...
didnt paul, and the reverend Z talk about that ....last week...?
charlie

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:44 am

High pressure is locking in over the Valley starting on Thursday, and it's going to stick around for a while. Maybe until October. :roll:

At the Delta, everyone will be sweating on the beach and chilly in the water.
Paul

zgur
Resident
Resident

Wind Last week

Post by zgur » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:51 am

Yup, talked about it......I'm pretty sure the coast blew every day last week - check out the wind graph for waddell - and starting this Wed, it's back "on". Small waves, strong wind.

According to reliable sources, the delta worked yesterday.

Inside the bay, it all depends on how much our land warms up and if it's able to draw the energy to the launches. Crissy and 3rd will rock as they are so close to the gaps.

Pt Emery - you all know how it is, basically a crap shoot, and once in a while it really comes on.

Get some!