Nassau in Bahamas?

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
RobsterCraw
Contributor
Contributor
Nassau in Bahamas?

Post by RobsterCraw » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:47 pm

I've got an opertunity to head to the Bahamas, to the island of Nassau, for a week, I expect there will be good kiting but I am having trouble finding info. Right now I do not know if kiting is out of season right now or whether there are spots to kite there at all. I assume there is like in much of the Bahamas but I need to be sure becasue otherwise this trip will be too much of a sacrifice. Any info is appreciated.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Re: Nassau in Bahamas?

Post by OliverG » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:23 pm

RobsterCraw wrote:I've got an opertunity to head to the Bahamas, to the island of Nassau, for a week, I expect there will be good kiting but I am having trouble finding info. Right now I do not know if kiting is out of season right now or whether there are spots to kite there at all. I assume there is like in much of the Bahamas but I need to be sure becasue otherwise this trip will be too much of a sacrifice. Any info is appreciated.
According to a friend who's heading there (the Bahamas) within a week, 'tis the windy season there. I'm sure there are spots to kite. Usually the islands are small enough that wind direction is not always a huge factor as you can access it from different spots on the island. Check the current weather patterns to determine kite sizes to bring....

Here's some weather resources:
http://www.bahamas-travel.info/weather-resources.htm

Beaches:
http://kitebeaches.com/kitebeaches/coun ... ry=Bahamas

Pics from Nassau beaches:

ImageImage

Let me know if you can't make it, I'm happy to take your spot. 8)

RobsterCraw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RobsterCraw » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:34 pm

The wind reports says wind is peeking just below 14 knots and that usually it is blowing from 20 to 25 this time of year. I only have a 12m Naish Boxer and I'm not quite sure if this is going to work

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:31 pm

Ok, I'll PM you my address so you can send me the ticket. Or maybe you can borrow a 14 or 16 from a friend? When traveling far to kite, best to bring 3 kites.

Ollie

RobsterCraw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RobsterCraw » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:17 pm

Seems like I'm better off putting the cost of the ticket towards a new kite. The only other kiter I really know is my buddy who uses my stuff. So I would be that this would wind up being a bit of a waste. My kingdom for a kite