Make your plans - good coast wind

Local weather resources and topics.
zgur
Resident
Resident
Make your plans - good coast wind

Post by zgur » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:44 pm

Man, you kiters get grumpy when there is no wind.....

Looks like a bit of "normal" weather retunring next week. Mon/Tue/Wed is going to bring nice NW flow along the coast. Monday will be the bigger wave day, with following days seeing dropping waves and nice wind.

I would bet that 3rd and Crissy will also be good. If the land warms up, it should draw the wind to Berkely.

Oh yeah, you will finally need that sunscreen as well.

Get some!!!

Z Grateful 1.

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:05 pm

The sun came out in the Valley today for about 3 hours and I was sweatin' in my T-shirt, which is what Charlie wants to hear.

If the flow goes straight north in the Valley next week, which is "normal" weather after a storm, it's usually sunny and calm in the Bay.

Today was a wierd storm day, with the clouds and wind coming up valley from directly south. Never happens. Probably why no one could figure out the wind in the Bay until it was already happening. Sherman is going off right now, too. Let it be the first of many.
Paul

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:39 pm

relly...
is that why i cant stop smileing ...?
berkely was BLiSs.
charlie

D
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Make your plans - good coast wind

Post by D » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:20 pm

zgur wrote:Looks like a bit of "normal" weather retunring next week. Mon/Tue/Wed is going to bring nice NW flow along the coast. Monday will be the bigger wave day, with following days seeing dropping waves and nice wind.
This is gonna be good ...

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:40 pm

OOh Ya!
Ale'med'e most kind, lit 8 tell dark!
Limm

zgur
Resident
Resident

quick update

Post by zgur » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:32 pm

Add Thursday to sweet days of good coast, 3rd and Crissy kiting. Take it to the bank....forget ikite forecast, make your plans now to work earyl/leave early.......

Later, Z.

PS - Joani is up in Tahoe and says it's DUMPING!!!!!!!
PSS - so how come none of you "digital enabled" people are not posting any pictures of these sweet days for those of us in recovery who can't kite??? c'mon, take a few pictures and upload em'.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:49 pm

Z, We'll get some photos up soon, I'll be sure to bring the camera to the spots....

Heal up, brother...

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:58 am

Sunday and Monday were absolutely epic days in the snow. I dropped cliffs bigger than anything I've ever tried before. Waist deep at Sugarbowl on Sunday in a blizzard and kneedeep at Alpine on Monday under a clear blue sky. Both are completely different mountains than they were two weeks ago; it looks like it's snowed 10 feet since the last time I was up.
Paul