Female Northern California beginner looking to mooch

San Francisco Bay Area kiteboarding lessons, learning and support.
Don Bogardus
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Yard Sale;

Post by Don Bogardus » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:51 pm

:wink: Would never suggest a learning experience in storm conditions, but watching the good riders make a very small error and get severely thrashed, and sometimes separated from various articles of their gear and attire by huge distances, (Yard Sale), is real entertainment!!! (as long as nobody gets injured)

Snacks
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Snacks » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:54 pm

hana look at that cat lol

it belongs here http://www.cuteoverload.com/

Yeah i need to do more research so i dont get taken advatage of when it comes to buying stuff. I really need to do so reading up figure out what i need/want I think i want a "bow" kite. Thanks so much for the offer!!!
Last edited by Snacks on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snacks
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Yard Sale;

Post by Snacks » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:57 pm

Sorry I miss-read. Yard Sales sound fun and maybe sometimes funny, as long as like you said everyone makes it out of the water alright.

thanks for the lingo :)
Don Bogardus wrote::wink: Would never suggest a learning experience in storm conditions, but watching the good riders make a very small error and get severely thrashed, and sometimes separated from various articles of their gear and attire by huge distances, (Yard Sale), is real entertainment!!! (as long as nobody gets injured)

jstjohn3
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Clarification?

Post by jstjohn3 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:12 pm

Snacks wrote:I wish, I just got back form my warm weather trip. I have to now pay my dues in our wonderful bay waters.
Snacks-
Sheldon Kiteboarding is a school in the Delta here. Rio Vista is a town in the delta closest to Sherman Island (40 minutes inland from the Bay), one of the Bay Area's best spots. I thought because you said "I wish" after my post showing the Sheldon Kiteboarding website, you thought he was only in La Ventana, Baja. In case you thought that, I wanted to clarify for you that he is also a local...as a matter of fact, He's the "OG" kiteboarding instructor of Sherman Island.
He is a super down to earth great person. For a unique "roots" kiteboarding experience in the Delta, I recommend Bruce at Sheldon Kiteboarding. Just click here: Sheldon Kiteboarding

Snacks
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Snacks » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:17 pm

hmm i looked at he web site and all signs pointed to him being down south. I will shot him an email then. Thanks. I like down to earth-they have the best jokes.

Snacks
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Snacks » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:25 pm

his mail box is full :(

jstjohn3
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by jstjohn3 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:48 pm

Snacks-

He'll be in Baja for a bit longer but should be back in Rio Vista(Sherman Island) soon. Click on "Rio Vista" at his website for Sherman Island info.

John

dewey
Old School
Old School

Re: Clarification?

Post by dewey » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:37 am

jstjohn3 wrote:
Snacks wrote:I wish, I just got back form my warm weather trip. I have to now pay my dues in our wonderful bay waters.
Snacks-
Sheldon Kiteboarding is a school in the Delta here. Rio Vista is a town in the delta closest to Sherman Island (40 minutes inland from the Bay), one of the Bay Area's best spots. I thought because you said "I wish" after my post showing the Sheldon Kiteboarding website, you thought he was only in La Ventana, Baja. In case you thought that, I wanted to clarify for you that he is also a local...as a matter of fact, He's the "OG" kiteboarding instructor of Sherman Island.
He is a super down to earth great person. For a unique "roots" kiteboarding experience in the Delta, I recommend Bruce at Sheldon Kiteboarding. Just click here: Sheldon Kiteboarding
Don't do it!! Unless you want to learn by radio while your in the middle of the river by yourself. His methods may have been good in the 90's, but it's down right dangerous now. You'll be flying a 2 line kite all alone in the delta. He'll keep track of you from his van, but if the shit hits the fan you'll be alone. All the other instructors at sherman have water support, and take you upwind, not have you walk out over the rocks and set you loose. Remember you get what you pay for.
Dewey

elli
Resident
Resident

Post by elli » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:29 pm

People still teach with two line kites? Where do you even get a two line kite nowadays?

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:48 pm

Yep. It's pretty scary to. I always see his students in the middle of the channel body draging alone. They launch out of little baja. I hear he's a nice guy, just won't change the way he is teaching.
Dewey