Female Northern California beginner looking to mooch

San Francisco Bay Area kiteboarding lessons, learning and support.
charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:53 pm

also,fly a trainer kite alot.
charlie

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:10 pm

Kitewindsurf is starting lessons again on April 1st. We are the only Bay Area Kiteboarding school that is centrally located and able to take jet ski's to where the wind is on a daily basis. Our school was recently voted "Best of the Bay", and taught over 300 people how to kiteboard last year. Check out our web page at www.kitewindsurf.com

Thanks

Andy
Kitewindsurf School Manager
"Don't Wait for the Wind, Go to it"

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:58 pm

Snacks wrote:All day of the 3rd lesson I was body dragging, tacking and rescuing. I left so excited and couldn't wait to finish up and get on the board the next day. I woke up and there was no wind. So I couldn't do anything. Then I came home and here I am now. I understand that I need more lessons I was just thinking that maybe someone knew someone who would take me out early in the season or would give me a good deal o is really friendly. You know "do go with bob he is a drunk" kind of advice :)

Here is a picture from the day of no wind for all of us up here in the rain.

panzerfaust wrote:hmm, I'm not sure what level 2 means but it sounds like a good number. What did you learn? Did you ever go in the water?
if you were body dragging and practicing self rescue for a day then you are ready to hit the beach. Like Ollie said, just come by and hang out on the beach and see what people are doing. Don't forget your wetsuit. Also, the mooching level may only be determined by swimsuit pics, pie quality and willingness to put up with looking at guys in wetsuits :).

gomez72
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by gomez72 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:46 pm

I impressed that most of you guys didnt take this in a different direction.
You need to get your self some gear, and every one will be dying to help you.
Good luck and watch out for some of the haund dogs at the beach.

P.S i have a small kite and lines that are barely used, That i would like to sell. PM if you are interested

Robert

jstjohn3
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You'll surely enjoy learning from this gentleman....

Post by jstjohn3 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:38 pm

Snacks
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Snacks » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:59 pm

I wish, I just got back form my warm weather trip. I have to now pay my dues in our wonderful bay waters.

I should say you guys have been great, I am happy there is so much support out here-you make the sport safer. I am starting to look into kites I am thinking a 9meter, I dont know 100lbs girl bay area winds it sounds right. Next will be my harness (I saw a cute pink and black one I want). Lol I know nothing about gear!!!

I am just sitting on my hands now, waiting for April to roll around. I am going to go out to Alameda a few times just to sit and stare, with the wetsuit and dog back in the truck.

!!!!!MY VESPA IS AT 1000 MILES!!!!! well 1003.

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:36 pm

I have woman's waist harness you could try. It's last years prolimit and it's been used twice.

Don Bogardus
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Early Birds

Post by Don Bogardus » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:21 pm

:) Why Wait till April?, Alameda has been terrific for 2 out of the 4 days in March so far!.Storm kiteing is the most fun to watch also!, as you will learn the meaning of the kite slang "Yard Sale"!.

Snacks
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Snacks » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:25 pm

yeah but I cant go out in crazy stormy weather right now I dont think gusts are not my friends...What does yard sale mean? I might go out tomorrow and watch in the morning.

Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:46 pm

I just sold my Boxer 9-12 so it's gone but I have a small Dakine harness (sorry it's not pink, it's black/gray) for sale. I am also selling my Nitro 6.5 (sorry it's not pink, it's blue) if you need a smaller kite. I should be at Alameda tomorrow if it's windy. But I'm sure many guys will offer you a better deal...

See you on the water!