Female Northern California beginner looking to mooch

San Francisco Bay Area kiteboarding lessons, learning and support.
Snacks
Contributor
Contributor
Female Northern California beginner looking to mooch

Post by Snacks » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:04 pm

I just got home from Mexico taking lessons with Adrian in cozumel http://www.cozumelkiteboarding.com/ good guy good teacher and super fun. He got me even more addicted. Unfortunately the weather was better for hanging out at the beach then kiting so I didnít get to finish my lessons. I live in San Francisco and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to take a lesson around here. I drive down to Santa Cruz to surf all the time and see the kiters off the 1 sometimes. I would much rather go off a recommendation then just making a bunch of phone calls.

Now to the mooching part. If anyone wants to take me out to the bay or ocean I would be happy to help you launch or tell a few good jokes or sit and look pretty if you want to teach me a little something maybe drag me around out in the water. Also I cook for a living and make really good chocolate chip cookies. I know because of surfing how ìugh-ishî it can be when people/friends ask for lessons.

So wish me luck.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:50 pm

Sugar pie honey bunch you have no idea what you've started...
L.M.G.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:30 am

cookies. ....himmmm...
drag you around out in the water....

most of us would jump all over that !
but,lessons would keep ya alive,and get ya home at the end of the day.
charlie

Snacks
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Snacks » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:45 am

I want to be alive and I like my dog he would be sad if I didn't come home at the end of the day. I think I am pasa level 2 well that is what he guy said down in mex.

Any recommendations on where to finish up my lesson?

charlie wrote:cookies. ....himmmm...
drag you around out in the water....

most of us would jump all over that !
but,lessons would keep ya alive,and get ya home at the end of the day.

Fester
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fester » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:49 am

Continue with professional lessons. Read about the kite locations on this site and lessons available.

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:59 am

hmm, I'm not sure what level 2 means but it sounds like a good number. What did you learn? Did you ever go in the water?

Snacks
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Snacks » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:42 am

All day of the 3rd lesson I was body dragging, tacking and rescuing. I left so excited and couldn't wait to finish up and get on the board the next day. I woke up and there was no wind. So I couldn't do anything. Then I came home and here I am now. I understand that I need more lessons I was just thinking that maybe someone knew someone who would take me out early in the season or would give me a good deal o is really friendly. You know "do go with bob he is a drunk" kind of advice :)

Here is a picture from the day of no wind for all of us up here in the rain.

panzerfaust wrote:hmm, I'm not sure what level 2 means but it sounds like a good number. What did you learn? Did you ever go in the water?
Attachments
feet.JPG
feet.JPG (41.31KiB)Viewed 15730 times

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:58 am

Hey that looks like a Corona commercial....
The season will be well underway soon enough at Alameda with strong Spring winds, so come hang out, meet some of the locals and watch. If you've got a wetsuit I'm sure some of us wouldn't mind dragging you around a bit. Hanging out at the beach will also go along way to help you to learn a lot just by watching people rigging, launching and landing and the like...

Have fun!
Ollie

Snacks
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Snacks » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:04 am

It is funny that you say that the sand bar/island that I took the lessons on is where they filmed a few corona commercials.

KirkTalon
Regular
Regular

Post by KirkTalon » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:16 am

Highly recommend Nat at Sherman Island...I think he is still at La Ventana but should be back soon....
RRD, Mystic