Flying Trainer Kites

San Francisco Bay Area kiteboarding lessons, learning and support.
ElDestructo
Joey
Joey
Flying Trainer Kites

Post by ElDestructo » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:44 pm

Hey all,

Having windsurfed for a couple of years now, it is time to try kiteboarding. I would like to start with lessons in April, however have just placed an order for a trainer kite (after reading reviews I went with the Naish Xeon 2.0m). I live in Foster City but don't mind driving a little for a good place to practice with a trainer kite. Does anyone have any suggestions on an open space to go and practice?

Thanks!

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:51 am

I think if you use the search feature there are some spots listed near you.

Any open field should work, just make sure that the wind isn't obstructed and that there is plenty of room downwind of you, no one to get hurt by the kite in any way, etc.

Relaunching will probably be easiest on sand, pavement, short grass. Keep some type of weight to help setup and initially launch the kite if you don't have sand around.

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:57 am

If you come to alameda to Kitewindsurf, not only will we help you set it up and teach you how to fly it, there are some great areas to fly trianers just across the street, and even better places within a mile's drive... We sell 2.2m and 3.6m trainer kites complete with bar and brake lines for $129 and $229 respectively

Andy